Should cancer be unblocked by filter

Should cancer be a blocked word

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MayaPeeps

Stone Miner
I was talking to a friend and was getting to know her, one day she was heartbroken she tried telling me what had happen but the word cancer Was blocked so although we found bypasses around this word we still felt guilty and assumed we would get banned <3 I think it is unfair that if you or a loved one have or had cancer that they should not be able to talk about it-Maya

david5258771

Tree Puncher
I agree but some people might use it for negative reason when they're killed in pvp or in a argument in chat. Example "Your cancer kid"

the77x7

Diamond Miner
There are the pros and cons of having this word blocked. I, personally, believe that the word should be unblocked under certain circumstances. These circumstances would be anyone who is seen using that word in an offensive manner would get a temporary mute without warning. But you must think of it in other perspectives as well. Cancer is a serious illness that shouldn't be misused and maybe that is what the staff is trying to avoid by blocking out the word completely.

1_TheDarkOne_1

First Step
I agree, even though in ure situation MayaPeeps your freind was using it to share his/her feelings, not everyone is nice, people misuses the word a lot of the time. But I do think that you can use the filtered words in /msg so just use that if you want to use filtered words.

CasuallyAnnoying

Emerald Miner
Deciding whether or not a word like "cancer" should be blocked is hard. It's a serious disease that people might have actual conversations about. On the other hand, it's a word that people often use as something negative. Personally, I don't think the chat filter should block it, although I doubt it will change.

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Most of the time people use the word "cancer" in a different meaning than talking about the disease so I'll stick with it being censored, talk in /msg or /fmsg and it doesn't censor it. I think.

TGIPrinceWeebs

First Step
Honestly i had cancer and i wasn't on for a while then when i got back on after the treatments my friend all asked "WHERE WERE YOU???" and i tried to explain to them that i had the disease cancer but it was very difficult they were very confused abut what i was trying to say so i got really frustrated and just said "You Know What Never Mind" and i just really didn't try to explain it anymore. So yes i think it shouldn't be censored but yes i do think it should be censored because your point is valid Ashie People sometimes say it in context like "Your mom is cancer" or "you are a cancerous cell" which is not very appropriate so this was a hard decision but that is only because of its pro's and con's! <3<3<3

the77x7

Diamond Miner
Maybe the staff team can make it to where it won’t be censored in /msg. That way if someone wants to discuss their illness with another player he/she can msg the other player about it. That way when players try to public misuse the word cancer without /msg they won’t be able to.

EpicAgentJ

Void Walker
In my opinion, the word "cancer" should be blocked in chat. People will only use it negatively in today's generation .