Snapshot 15w31a (1.9 Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyThinking

Zombie Killer
Honestly I'm not a big fan of the dual wielding or 1.9 in general. I know it may seem "cool" to the casual Minecraft community, but most of the PVP community (such as myself) find it really stupid. 1.8 PvP had terrible hit detection and severely nerfed blockhitting, which sucked. And now Mojang continues to ruin the things that made PVP so fun. 1.7 was like the golden age of PVP, and with a sprint button you didn't have to install third party mods to have auto sprint, and people could simplify create macros that held down the shift button (like me). Even on vanilla servers, 1.7 had the best hit detection hands down. To be honest, I'm not really that hyped.

Just my two cents.

Misstify

Zombie Killer
But I loving the command block changes they're adding it, I can only imagine the possibilities...

Yay

Tree Puncher
So true! I am very exited for that. However, pvp will change once servers are required to be on 1.9

Bob2108

Blaze Estinguisher
No server is required to update, lol. We could just go back to 1.4 and mojang would do nothing , ah, the days when things were simple <3 Although most of our plugins would break.

Aly

Gold Miner
Bow, and arrow in both hands. HYPE. Dude that's awesome. Looks cool. :-D

iamontda

Void Walker
The only things I'm interested in are End changes and new arrows. Sniping things will be so much more interesting for me, and a light source that can be placed in all 6 directions? Heck yeah.

Misstify

Zombie Killer
the shields are interesting too though, now there are different combos of a bow and a shield, sword and a shield or bow and a sword...

iamontda

Void Walker
I think that shields are cool, but more in a potential sense than a using sense (I've never been one for shields in any game). Since you can combine shields and banners from what I've read, then it would be cool to be able to shift click on a wall to turn them into a 2x2 block (depending on how wide they are) wall decoration/ tool holder. Mounting a sword and pickaxe behind your custom shield sounds like a cool trick for Minecraft.

Legitmon

Emerald Miner
If I would to give my most expert opinion I would only say this: Minecraft deserves better. With adding shields and duel wielding is coping other games (but is generic). I think adding the new dragon battle is a good perk of the update and the new blocks. The effect arrows will be a problem with the creative server, but most likely be patched. My final say on this is that the update can be fully uploaded at the moment, but they are saving the date of posterity for Christmas day (I know their under stress from new management but still). These are my thoughts.

iamontda

Void Walker
I'm going to guess that a second version of Minecraft is in the works (if not, then, well, whatever). I get the idea that we've almost been spoon fed for the past, mm, two years or so, so I'd hope that they'd at least have been working on something besides patches and small addons in their spare time.

But anyways, locking, necroposting is a no. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.