Some thoughts on the Skyblock Restart

sunnydogscout

First Step
Well, I believe you shouldn't have disabled disguises in pvp because what are they for now? Most used them as "Defense" or something also i know you can disguise before going into pvp then jump down as that disguise. But still once you undisguise you can't disguise back into that mob or a different mob. I'm not saying to delete the disguises i find them fun and all but y'know. also the pvp seems a bit Un finished doesn't it? and why are there barriers so you can't fall?? I liked the old pvp a bit more there were a few more islands to roam on there and there were no barriers so you COULD fall. and it seemed more fun to me. I know skyblock needed to be up to date with all of the new versions of minecraft coming but It just seems bland like most other servers i've been on. and the older mob grinder idea was more "Creative" than most servers which just have a pit with spawners in it. I've been here since the near beginning of skyblock and most of my online "friends" have too they seem to have lost any interest in playing now because i NEVER see them on anymore so now i just sit afk waiting for the vote party to go so i can gain some money back and i have no items anymore so i'm also trying to some how gain more and what not but i've lost a lot of interest playing skyblock. i know, i have an island i am trying to level up more but why? Most people that have been here for as long as me or even longer have left. Now i pretty much don't play at all i mostly now sit AFK or play a different game. I do think the update is fine and all but it just seems bland to me. Its like most other servers. The dark wood a pit with mob spawners in it you have to jump down into pvp.. and so on. so i would just work on it more. it just seems Unfinished. Also you said "THIS WOULD GIVE NEWER PLAYERS A CHANCE." They already had a chance. They just never worked to get their island leveled up.

DeletedUser2739

Void Walker
Disguises are fine the way they are right now. You actually have to face the opponent now, instead of hiding in the bushes shooting players. We removed falling from PvP to prevent people setting homes in the PvP area as well as TPing back to their island before dying. This was much needed and we finally added it into the game.

A reset was greatly needed on Skyblock for a few reasons:
  • There were several years worth of files. This takes up a lot of memory space.
  • There were a lot of new features that we wanted to have added to Skyblock.
  • A reset means we can have a new economy. This economy focuses more on farming, rather than spawners and grinders.
Brand new players now actually have the ability to be competitive for top spots in /is top, as well as in items. This gives people more motivation to try and better their account, instead of running into PvP for 10 minutes, then quitting.