• I love them

• I hate them

• First suggestion is good

• Second suggestion is good

• Third suggestion is good

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anevrizma

First Step
Hi, I have been playing on Snapcraft for several years now, and throughout my playings I have compiled a few suggestions for improving the server, particularly Skyblock.
- Allow /fix more often, the ability to use it once a day prevents me from wanting to play more than 20 minutes each day, since I am unable to fix an item when I need to, especially since I am the highest role on Skyblock. Perhaps make it a day cooldown lowered by each rank you have.
-The ability to trade exp for tokens on Skyblock, maybe make it so it takes the necessary amount of exp to hit 100 levels and leave the excess. For example, if it takes you 100,000 exp points to reach level 100, and you accidentally farm to level 114 (say, 130,500 exp), please leave you with the 30,500 exp, not the 14 levels.
-Incentivize pvp on Skyblock. Axes and swords levels tend to be very high on Skyblock because you use these for grinding, however no one wants to fight and use these skills, same with the enchants on armour and weapons that are accessible. Maybe by hosting weekly events, such as a King of the Hill (KOTH) or a last man standing event, etc. could help to get people active and fighting and maybe draw more people to the Skyblock.

I have more suggestions, however I do not want to create a super long thread as my first post, hopefully my suggestions are taken into consideration and implemented.

DesignLeeWolf17

Gold Miner
I don’t hate them, but I don’t think adding pvp things and a koth would be a good idea. Due to the fact that the main point in using skyblock is to build. Not pvp. And adding more pvp features could mess with the atmosphere of the server. Next time you have a poll make one that says no opinion or I don’t agree. Not hate. It’s a strong word.

Deadly_k1tten

Stone Miner
Staff member
Helper
The conceptual idea is good, however some of the suggestions do have its complications...

The /fix cooldown can be a good idea, particularly for those who grind a lot. Most people use anvils and the needed material and fix their tools that way for a bit until it gets too expensice then start using /fix, or they give it to a trusted player to /fix. There is a /Fix all command which fixes everything in your inventory if you so choose to have multiple grinding axes/swords, it repairs them all at once. Having the cooldown reduced for every rank up isnt a bad idea... but needs to be limited somewhat.

The ability to trade tokens for exp is already an implimented feature, im not quite sure what the issue with that is, taking the 100 levels rather than the exp needed to reach 100? That doesnt make much sense to me.

Incentivising pvp on skyblock can be a bit tricky given tools are used soley for grinding. Myself personally, I have spent a lot of tokens getting an almost maxed out sword, it would be a shame to lose something like that to a player that is better at pvp than me or hacks their way though the event. If KOTH is like it is in Snapcraft factions, you lose your gear and have to replace it. some players may see this as a deterrent as good armour is expensive and hard to come by, such as, in /kit, only eagle has armour, and it only has protection 4.

Diverting from your main idea, a compromise may be a better solution. Just as in ZombieV and Kitpvp, they have the option to /duel. I think this would be a great addition to help incentivise pvp as you can place a bet and gain money from friends, but also chose a kit preset to use in the duel to prevent any loss of your gear you worked hard to gain. As a rare set of armour can cost upwards of 200k in some cases.