Added Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontChangeAtAll

First Step
Hello! I have made a few suggestions in the past that people commented on, and I really loved the input, so I have made a few more suggestions and would love it if you guys could comment your thoughts. I have made it more organized this time and also put in a bit more detail on why I think some of these suggestions should be added so that there is no confusion. Final note: I just wanna say that I don't aim to sound disrespectful or mean in any of these suggestions, I'm just trying to propose a few suggestions that myself and a few friends had in mind for the server.

Server-wide

• Keep up to date with sales- for instance, don’t have a back to school sale for an extended period of time. 2-4 weeks is okay, any longer just seems a bit silly. We like our sales but it’s a bit odd to have sales going on for so long. (This isn’t happening at this current time, but it does happen very often)
  • Honestly, I think it’d be cool to see a Minecraft Youtuber get online Snap and record their experience or something. If it’s possible, reach out to a YouTuber to play snapcraft, this could bring more players to Snapcraft. A growing community is a nice change, I haven’t seen much growth. Same numbers each day for a while now, spikes here and there but averages about the same amount of players.
  • Some sort of reward players get for liking Snapcraft on NameMC- I was thinking 5 vote keys on each server (just like what you get if you vote) but also was thinking you get a Supporter role on Discord.
Hub

• New Map
  • Something to do - Parkour, Mini game (king of the ladder, sumo, volleyball, minigame sort of thing). While obviously this won’t last because I trust you guys are fixing connection issues, a lot of players have been forced to wait in the hub to join the Survival game mode, so I really do think that having something to do in the hub would be better than just standing there waiting to join.
Parkour

• New Map
  • Leaderboard - Fastest time to beat all levels and/or each individual level

KitPvP

• New Duels Maps - Flatter, No trees, less color. The dimensions are fine according to kit players, so I would suggest that stay the same.
  • Team fights (3v3, 5v5) or Gang fights

ZombieV

• New Maps for everything - duels and regular gameplay (complete reset?)
  • Private Maps for Donators/Members - /friends of the donator/member are automatically able to join without invitation
  • Maps can have a sort of leveling system- for instance, you kill so many mobs and unlock a new part of the map to kill more mobs in, or there is an item in a chest that a player must obtain in order to unlock the new section of the map (i think there is something like this for a dungeon on survival currently?)

Creative

• More fitting music on the build competition winners videos- background music that matches the theme.
  • Better competition themes. The latest themes haven’t as good as I think they could be, I would suggest asking the build team about what they think would be a good theme and go with one of their suggestions.

Survival

• Add tradable enchant tokens
  • When you /setwarp and the warp is already taken, remove how you have to wait another 24 hours
  • Be able to /delwarp - only delete your own warp though obviously.
  • Ultra rank should have 7 player vaults, an extra one over the God rank- just like what there is on Skyblock (Eagle has an extra pv than Skygod)
  • add [item]
Factions

• add [item]

Prison

• add [item]

LBB/HG

• I don’t see very many people playing this game mode - less than 20 a day honestly. Replace the LBB game mode with the Hunger games game mode. I doubt that anyone will miss LBB as much as we’ve missed having hunger games. #BringBackHG

Skyblock

Discord

• Already a thing, but make it a bit more organized/active: An Event Manager role - players can message this person ideas for an event. Events would happen 3 times a year (once every 4 months) on a scheduled date. For example, have one on March 1st, August 1st, and December 1st (probably change dates a bit more to match when kids have holiday/school off or something in one or more of these months?)
  • A suggestions channel- we understand that we can do this on forums, but it might be easier to do this on Discord too, people can react with a check or an x if they agree/disagree.
  • Giveaways 3 times a year - on Holidays maybe? Valentine’s Day, Christmas Day, New Year.. or maybe dates that are more spread out.
  • Nitro Booster Perks: Custom voice channel, Custom role, Giveaways strictly for Nitrobooster - gems, ranks, etc. , possibly a bot of some sort that only Nitro Boosters/Staff are able to use- a game possibly. When a player boosts the server people will be notified in the events channel so that we can thank them by reacting to the notification
  • A channel for players with no microphone so that general chat doesn’t get flooded
  • A Supporter role for players who like Snapcraft on Namemc as stated above in my server-wide suggestion
  • A Youtuber role- a channel could be dedicated for YouTubers to announce their video(s) that they’ve uploaded for snapcraft.

Forums

• I might be the only one who thinks this, idk, but I’d just like to put it out there to see what other people think: A new forum background- we’ve been looking at this one for quite a while, a new background could be a refreshing change.
  • Within suggestions make a subforum for implemented and denied suggestions- many players believe staff doesn’t consider their suggestions- this might help players see that suggestions are considered.
  • A pinned thread on the Youtube discussion to explain how players can apply for YouTube rank and what the requirements are.
  • An updated rules page. I’ve encountered many players complain that there are some rules that aren’t stated and it isn’t fair for them to be banned if the rule they broke isn’t stated in the rules. Also, with the updated rules I think it would be beneficial to add examples because people also complain that the rules are vague and don’t make sense. With examples, this would definitely help them understand the rules better.

Thanks for reading! I look forward to reading input on any of my suggestions. oh also if there are any questions i will try to answer them sorry if any of this was confusing or too long lol :)

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
Regarding "Server-wide":
- We normally keep better track of this, however, this summer was definitely an exception.
- We sometimes contact some YouTubers some just ask for silly amounts of money to record videos and or the YouTuber does not support our PG13 content
- NameMC's server list brings almost no traffic therefore we do not offer rewards for it.

Regarding "Hub":
- A completely new map has been in the making for a while but other projects get prioritized(I did just enable the Winter hub).
- I do not really see a reason to take even more players away from /parkour

Regarding "Parkour":
- I would be more for adding new maps onto the existing parkour rather than replacing the current one.
- We have once attempted to make this but ran into a lot of issues and never tried again, I might when I have some free time.

Regarding "KitPvP":
- The maps are already fairly flat but we could have some new ones created for the next reset.
- We used to have Gang duels but it wasn't used and thus removed.

Regarding "ZombieV":
- We had a dev working on ZombieV but we had to dedicate him to Survival for now but once that is all running as it should he will continue.

Regarding "Creative":
- We just choose some simple no copyright music.
- They are suggested by the builders.

Regarding "Survival":
- Tradeable tokens won't ever happen.
- Not possible with the cooldown plugin and easy to check before setting it.
- Sadly not possible, that is why we created /pwarp last reset(These are coming back).
- This already is a perk.
- This is also already a perk.

Regarding "Factions":
- Could be added, yes

Regarding "Prison":
- Could be added, yes

Regarding "LBB/HG"
- LBB is currently more popular than EG so if one of the two was to be removed it would be EG. But HG will end up with the same faith as LBB/EG without YouTubers.

Regarding "Skyblock":

Regarding "Discord':
- Our event manager will be active again soon :) @Jedz
- I prefer the overview I have on the forums and discord would just be spammy.
- Perhaps, some giveaways would be cool!
- Voice channel would be possible however, I am unsure how much you'd want to be in a channel with just boosters. They already get the "Booster" role. I do like the idea of doing giveaways!
- Yes, that would be alright. Is it an issue though that #General gets spammed?
- Same as mentioned under "Server-wide"
- There already is one.

Regarding the "Forums":
- A new background is extremely expensive and not something worth it currently.
- Could add some tags
- I personally review the channels as there are a lot of factors, not just a plain requirement.
- All rules are stated. Some rules are broad but there shouldn't ever be a reason for players to push the limits. Anyone just playing to have fun will follow the rules without trying.

I would like to thank you for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.