The Removal Of Negative Ratings

A

Account404

As some of you might have noticed, the option to rate someone else's post negatively has been removed. So you might be wondering why, you might be crying with joy and you might be a bit confused. For those people, I'll fill you in.

So, why? Well, all it seems to do is cause arguments. Someone rates another's post as dumb, they don't like it, and within no time it turns into a rather uncalled for confrontation.

Another reason being, people abuse it. - Some players might not like another player, that's fine. It's human nature. But, they can't keep it to themselves, and they'll just rate all their posts as 'dumb' for no reason. Another example being with staff. They might mute/ban a particular player, and instead of thinking about what they did wrong, they'll just vote everything negatively that they do.

Will it come back? Unlikely. With all the issues I've mentioned above, it's hard to find the positives. The re-addition of 'dislike' and 'disagree' is a possibility. But as for 'dumb' and 'bad spelling' etc. It's more than likely you'll never see that again.

So, I hope you guys understand why we've done this, and I'd appreciate your feedback on the topic in the comments below. I look forward to hearing what you've got to say, and try to keep on topic please.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
Disagree isn't negative tho... I disagree with the fact that they consider disagree a negative rating

Liljawz

Stone Miner
I think all of those negative ratings may not be needed. It never really seemed like a problem until people started abusing it .
Taking them away doesn't seem like much of an issue anyways considering they really served no positive purposes anyways. I think if someone disagrees , then they can just keep that to themselves or maybe explain why they disagree.
Overall a good staff decision. Keep it up guys .

LokepDren

Zombie Killer
The negative ratings didn't affect me that much, I can see that some people hate it when they get the negative ratings, but overall I think this is good work!

Keep it up guys

Reeive

Zombie Killer
*sad panda :-(*
at least add the 'disagree' and 'dislike' ratings back :3

iFlezz Gaming

Diamond Miner
Thank God: Finally there will be less forum bans :) and More peace I atleast think there should be dislike and disagree

Last edited:

RyanHasSkillz98

Gold Miner
Awww... Now how am I going to rate something that is dumb/stupid? Am I going to say "I disaree", "That was dumb", and secondly "I disklike your post"?

LegalSense

Void Walker
Awww... Now how am I going to rate something that is dumb/stupid? Am I going to say "I disaree", "That was dumb", and secondly "I disklike your post"?
This makes it so you can explain why you disagree or believe why their post is dumb rather than just randomly rating someone for no apparent reason.

Well that's how I would see it.

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
I think you should bring back "dislike" and "disagree" because they weren't the ones that caused arguments 90% of the time :-P

Jaide Hellspur

Skeleton Slayer
Disagree with someone's post? Why not reply to someone's post explaining why? It is a forum after all to exchange thoughts, ideas and opinions. Maybe you can sway someone's opinion on something one way or another with a carefully worded, thought provoking paragraph on why you disagree with them. :) It is much more effective then to just click on a little icon with no explanation at all.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
Disagree with someone's post? Why not reply to someone's post explaining why? It is a forum after all to exchange thoughts, ideas and opinions. Maybe you can sway someone's opinion on something one way or another with a carefully worded, thought provoking paragraph on why you disagree with them. :) It is much more effective then to just click on a little icon with no explanation at all.
Because what I was told that that would start an argument... And they don't like those kind of things on here as I have learned..

Reeive

Zombie Killer
what about you click on a little icon, and a thing pops up saying "why do you [rating] this post"

Billybobice

Zombie Killer
I personally think that there should be no more bad ratings. Once again, dislike trolls and raging people can use any bad rating against us. And human nature judges a lot of things by appearance. A well thought out speech with good reasons, smart logic, and a clear message may be disregarded with even one dislike, unless you are the type of person who doesn't judge by appearances and who doesn't takes sides using fact, not opinion.

Like many have said, if someone wants to disagree they should always speak their opinion on why. One reasons is because of the reason I stated above. Another reasons is because some people want to hear different ideas, and either defend themselves or to accept the other, both helping them grow and develop in the process.

OP
OP
A

Account404

Apparently the "try to keep on topic please" at the bottom of my post wasn't enough for you to actually do it. I'll be deleting all the off-topic posts now.

Anyways, so what I'm getting out of this is mainly mixed opinions on whether dislike and disagree should be there.. Hmm..

Kath

Creeper Hugger
Attempting to remain on topic, I miss the disagree and bad spelling rating sometimes...