This Needs To Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FreezeBlaze

So by the title of this thread, you are probably wondering what "needs to stop" well I'm about to tell you guys and show some proof of it happening to back it up.
So what needs to stop FreezeBlaze? The insults coming from not only players but even some staff members
But FreezeBlaze what if they didn't know they were insulting you? I always tell everybody that I dont like it and take it as an insult the first time the accident happens.

So what happend? People calling others names that they don't like.
Now I know this probably isn't such a big deal but think about it, if I went ahead calling people names that offended them, knowing that it offended them just to offend them... That's not something that should be happening, now I know that there are tons of corrupt players out there just trolling but staff, who represent the server (a mod in this case), shouldn't be doing these kinds of things.

Basically if you guys didn't know my irl name is Nathen, not Nathan but Nathen with an E. Now I know this doesn't seem offensive to most but I got bullied over years over this, and it still effects me today, so it is a big deal to me.

Just now about 5-ish minutes ago a mod called me by that name (nathan) and I noticed this so I told him with a decently serious tone that I didn't like that name, and that my name was Nathen (so he could call me by that in the future), but this mod decided to respond in what I find the rudest way possible.

Here are some screenshots I took of the chat while this was all happening :
6be67bf52a8adc7ed71e8628efa63126.png

1. I politely and in a serious enough tone corrected him hoping he wouldn't make the same mistake twice.
422d5264759a8fb4b9bbfe69adc18fe7.png

2. I notice him started to get slightly ignorant, and disrespectful.
a0b1c40a76304701d7f5c1a2214ac5e2.png

3. He clearly knows that when he calls me Nathan I take it as an insult, yet still continues to do it and even puts it with all the letters seperated and "dumb it down" for me so I can notice how rude he is being.

This shouldn't be a thing, where staff on a great server like snapcraft are doing this stuff. (If maarten is reading this and wants to know who it was he can contact me in-game or on forums as I don't feel like publically telling everybody who did this since I know he has been here for a long while and has a decent rep.)

~Freeze

Cookie

Diamond Miner
Aren't these kinds of threads made for calling out staff members?

Anyway, I don't know what the heck you're tryna get outta this. You're not reporting, nor are you destroying someone's reputation.There's a beautiful command called /ignore to avoid this stuff, if it's that big of a deal. So y'kno.

OP
OP
F

FreezeBlaze

Aren't these kinds of threads made for calling out staff members?

Anyway, I don't know what the heck you're tryna get outta this. You're not reporting, nor are you destroying someone's reputation.There's a beautiful command called /ignore to avoid this stuff, if it's that big of a deal. So y'kno.
I know that there is a /ignore, but a Moderator like @Bob2108 shouldnt be doing this kind of stuff while he is representing the server. (yea I called him out since my friend convinced me to).

JustinL98

Gold Miner
Tbh I don't really think he meant to insult you its like I call a potato a potato if you know what I mean or tomato tomato which is basically the same thing and it still pronounces the same thing.

Twwhaik4

Zombie Killer
I honestly don't understand how one letter is insulting and results in you getting bullied? I'm not trying to be mean bud but that's a stupid reason to be bullied over.

OP
OP
F

FreezeBlaze

The reason why the one letter is insulting was because I was bullied over it, and the backflash thoughts of me getting bullied make me feel more depressed and sad and different in a negative way... Either way they shouldn't be specifically doing this just to be annoying/rude/ignorant of whatever you want to call it.

OP
OP
F

FreezeBlaze

Tbh I don't really think he meant to insult you its like I call a potato a potato if you know what I mean or tomato tomato which is basically the same thing and it still pronounces the same thing.
Well the fact that he "dumbed it down" by seperating the letters so I can clearly read it and the fact that he only did it because he knew I would hate it makes it the "insult", if he wouldn't have done the last part it would've been fine but the fact that somebody who isn't supposed to be doing things like this is and its somebody who is supposed to be responsible? That's just wrong.

Bob2108

Blaze Estinguisher
I was simply making a slight joke. I see no reason to be insulted over the fact that 1 letter is different. And the fact that you seem to be insulted by this confuses me. The world is not a "safe space", and we're not looking to create one here for you. We work to create an atmosphere that is enjoyable and fun to hang around in.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
bruh try Kirsten Kristen Kiersten Kristin Kirstin ok it's basically the same thing. It's not an insult it's just A. Ignorant people using an a, B. They're trying to be funny C. They know it makes you mad. Just honestly don't let that hurt you, this is a game where the main communication is through messaging online and people will try to get you mad by spelling your name wrong. If you don't like people calling you Nathan then why'd you tell them your name in the first place? It's one letter (I understand you got "bullied" by people calling you that) but just don't take it to heart.

OP
OP
F

FreezeBlaze

I was simply making a slight joke. I see no reason to be insulted over the fact that 1 letter is different. And the fact that you seem to be insulted by this confuses me. The world is not a "safe space", and we're not looking to create one here for you. We work to create an atmosphere that is enjoyable and fun to hang around in.

I know that the world isn't built to be a safe place but people like you don't need to make it worse than it already is and that "slight joke" of yours as a response to my serious reply wasn't nearly needed at all. That "atmostphere" as you call it that is "enjoyable and fun to hang out in" was wayy better before you joined it.

OP
OP
F

FreezeBlaze

bruh try Kirsten Kristen Kiersten Kristin Kirstin ok it's basically the same thing. It's not an insult it's just A. Ignorant people using an a, B. They're trying to be funny C. They know it makes you mad. Just honestly don't let that hurt you, this is a game where the main communication is through messaging online and people will try to get you mad by spelling your name wrong. If you don't like people calling you Nathan then why'd you tell them your name in the first place? It's one letter (I understand you got "bullied" by people calling you that) but just don't take it to heart.
1. Yes I agree that the people who are using an A are ignorant.
2. Well then they are bad at it, if somebody asks you to stop then you stop that's who logic usually works if you are a decently nice person.
3. People who have this kind of responsibility shouldn't be doing this though...
Btw nice good cop bad cop there starting with the bad cop for A+B then switching to good cop for C :/

Status
Not open for further replies.