What Do People Use To Record?

Dank

Gold Miner
Hello guys, I'm just wondering what people use here to record as I'd like to maybe try some out.

I currently use fraps which caps me at 60fps and isn't good at all. Any recommendations are appreciated.

(:

GlowWiggy

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Bandicam

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
Hello guys, I'm just wondering what people use here to record as I'd like to maybe try some out.

I currently use fraps which caps me at 60fps and isn't good at all. Any recommendations are appreciated.

(:

honestly fraps is like, the best you're gonna get xd

bandicam is good too, but i like fraps better.

and 60 FPS is plenty in my opinion :-P

although if your computer can handle it i'm pretty sure you can set it to a higher cap

Last edited:

capjmac

Iron Miner
Bandicam has low quality so does the OSD thing fraps
is Probley the best u will find

Last edited:

Epicme772

Obsidian Miner
The thing about fraps though is that it saves videos in .avi file format, so the files end up becoming really big... :-P

Mr. Alon

Zombie Killer
The thing about fraps though is that it saves videos in .avi file format, so the files end up becoming really big... :-P
that's why you render the files after you recorded...

Bestdude54

Gold Miner
OBS is good if you have a good comp and the right settings @capjmac
Fraps is decent, even thought my frames drop from 160 to 20 evreytime i record, when i use OBS, drops to 60 :)
Maybe dxtory? :-P

Bob2108

Blaze Estinguisher
Fraps is the best, and if you have problems with large files, use a hotkey and you can easily control the size/length of your video.

iamontda

Void Walker
I use Fraps, however I've recorded a two hour video and it's taken up half of my hard drive (since I haven't compressed it or edited it into sections yet). If you don't feel like paying $36 for it, the free version records for 30 second chunks (if you want it for making reports).

ghosthunter0950

Gold Miner
okay so i recommend using a program called "action!" and about fraps you should put the fps when recording to 120 instead of 60 to record with the highest amount of fps your pc can get. if you have any questions you're welcome to ask :)

ghosthunter0950

Gold Miner
and by the way that is the best format for recording [.avi], you should render it with video editors like movie maker or sony vegas , and then feel free to delete the original video to clean up space and keep the edited one , which is waay less space , if you go with different formats it can cause issues for the quality of the video and placing the video into a video editor

ghosthunter0950

Gold Miner
i suggest using a program called "action!" , it costs some money but its one of the best video recorders , easy to use and there is a bunch of settings you can play with . but if you want to stick with fraps then change the fps in the program settings from 60 to 120 , that will let you record in the highest fps your pc can get. no need to stay with 60 fps

YAMPY

Obsidian Miner
If you have a good NVIDIA graphics card they give you a program called 'ShadowPlay' which is probably the best recording software you can get. I've used a bunch of recording software and this has got to be the best. You can record 24/7 without even dropping a frame. You can set the recording to record 1 minute up to 20 minutes so if you miss a cool moment you press a hotkey and it will save the 20 minutes before you clicked the button. You can also set it to manual recording which records it for as long as you want until you press the hotkey to stop it (like fraps) but the files are a lot smaller but still are 1920:1080p.

iLukeee

Zombie Killer
QuickTime player :-P YAY I'm the only one

OP
OP
Dank

Dank

Gold Miner
If you have a good NVIDIA graphics card they give you a program called 'ShadowPlay' which is probably the best recording software you can get. I've used a bunch of recording software and this has got to be the best. You can record 24/7 without even dropping a frame. You can set the recording to record 1 minute up to 20 minutes so if you miss a cool moment you press a hotkey and it will save the 20 minutes before you clicked the button. You can also set it to manual recording which records it for as long as you want until you press the hotkey to stop it (like fraps) but the files are a lot smaller but still are 1920:1080p.

I've looked at this through my Card and never thought it'd be to any use. Thanks Yampy.