Why An Age Restriction???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanHasSkillz98

Gold Miner
I think Snapcraft wants I would say older and mature people. Remember, Snapcraft is a big server. Helpers are suppose to look and act good as well. That's what I think. Anyone else?

Benthecricketer

Zombie Killer
They want an age restriction because when your older you usually do a better job as a staff. There is now an age restriction because of staff before being younger and doing un-appropriate things and not being a great help as a staff. This is why there is a restriction now. So if your too young to apply, wait it out, be patient and maybe someday you will become the new staff of Snapcraft.

iFlezz Gaming

Diamond Miner
The Reason They have an age restriction is to prevent people who are not mature enough from Muting or Kicking for no reason and the older you are the more responsibility you have.
In Some Cases if staff members see a player act mature and the player is only 13 they maybe able to apply.

Kath

Creeper Hugger
Age is how long you've lived (In years)
Maturity is how you reply with an appropriate answer

It might be possibly because most (not all) people who are older tend to be more mature? That's just a thought.

LegalSense

Void Walker
Age is how long you've lived (In years)
Maturity is how you reply with an appropriate answer

It might be possibly because most (not all) people who are older tend to be more mature? That's just a thought.
Older people tend to deal with most situations easier because they have experience.

Last edited:

Billybobice

Zombie Killer
Even though I don't fully agree with the age restriction, I still think there should be an age restriction unless you prove yourself.

Aaron

Creeper Hugger
It's not maturity, it's experience.

A ten year old is literally called a child, not even a physical teenager by any definition. At that age, they have yet to develop the problem solving techniques,experience, and mindset that I'm looking for in a staff member. Yes, I know I'm generalizing it to a 10 year old, but it's not that much different, and 15 is the age that I decided is where I want to leave the cut-off.

Drakeleier

Iron Miner
Age does not matter, we ovvy don't want an 10 year old helper, but like Aaron said, 15 is a great age for helper, The helpers are all Young-adults, not teenagers.

In my opinion, 15-18 is considered young-adult

Idontrox

Diamond Miner
It's just that most 15+ people tend to be more mature and try cover every aspect. I'm not saying 12 or 13 year olds can't do that, they can but not many do so.

fluffyjoebunny

Tree Puncher
Its like a teacher, the older the teacher is the more knowledge is given to the students. This is because they have more experience in life then a child. If I want to join staff I will have to wait 5 months as patience is the key to life. Lol that was a big jump. But anyway even most teenagers at the age of 17 could be as mature 'as' a 5 year old, its their personality, not their maturity, and it cant be changed.

iamontda

Void Walker
Yes, every reason has pretty much been covered. As you become older, you gain more experience, maturity, and even know what you REALLY want to do. This is especially true for Helpers, since every person has eyes on you and needs help.

For example, I started off playing Chicken Smoothie and Roblox as a 9- and 10-year-old. I was very bad at getting a grip on simple tasks such as registering for Roblox, setting up an email, and more.

Then I moved to roleplaying Warrior Cats from 11- to 13-years-old or so. I was very passionate about the drama and enjoyed every day, however I still used an annoying amount of bad grammar and a lot of internet slang.

At the end of 13, nobody was very fast about responding and I quit. Drama wasn't fun any more, and school was running well. Since I'd bought Minecraft before quitting, I learnt how to play single player in an almost professional manner. Because of roleplaying, descriptive vocabulary was needed, and I became able to rant fluently (a-yup) plus type a lot. By this time and beyond, the most joking you would have to deal with is smart-alecky.

14, I joined Aeries, a Minecraft server. I played survival consistently, and since nobody was really on I was able to learn a thing called "peace and quiet". Alecdent noticed my activity and for some reason taught me a bit. I watched what other staff there did.

By now I had a grip on handling email, giving up drama, always being humble, registering for beta tests, building, responsibilities, paypal, vocabulary, and a passion that is challenging and fantastic every day: Minecraft. After doing pretty much nothing for a long time, I was invited to Snapcraft and became a Builder, in part of my maturity. Now I'm 15-and-a-half or so, more mature than some older than myself, and want to stick by while setting an example.

Basically if I was 10 and began Minecraft, I probably would have dropped it because of no drama, and would have bugged others with my newb-ness. Most people need time to get situated but don't know it.

At 15 I'm in perfect time with the Helper age, and I was understanding enough that even at 14 I could've waited for Helper if I had to. You just need to stand up and look around more. Go play Howrse or something, absorb things.

Status
Not open for further replies.