Why An Age Restriction???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer

iamontda

Void Walker
Right, and Kingkoala65 is an example of maturity versus age. Maybe he is 15 years old, but he's one that never retired from drama. He may have been okay and accepted as a good Helper, but decided to make a dramatic exit by doing something to stir the community up. It just depends on the person.

RyanHasSkillz98

Gold Miner
People who are older tend to have more experience with being staff (not saying younger people don't). Also, people who are older know how to work out more problems and understand more things. That's what my opinion is..

LegalSense

Void Walker
Right, and Kingkoala65 is an example of maturity versus age. Maybe he is 15 years old, but he's one that never retired from drama. He may have been okay and accepted as a good Helper, but decided to make a dramatic exit by doing something to stir the community up. It just depends on the person.
Age is no guarantee of maturity.
People who are older tend to have more experience with being staff (not saying younger people don't). Also, people who are older know how to work out more problems and understand more things. That's what my opinion is..
Basically what Aaron and I said. Age brings maturity, but experience ripens it.

fluffyjoebunny

Tree Puncher
Trial, you are correct. A donut isn't tasty without the toppings, but its more like the dough is experience and the chocolate with sprinkles is the age. :-P

creepergirl1254

Iron Miner
What's done is done, and I agree that most people younger then 15 are not very mature, or experienced. Think of it as a time to observe and learn, as well as get experience. No use whining like a little kid. (Not all of you who disagree, and by the way I am younger then 15)

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
Proves my point.
It's not that he wasn't mature, he just chose to do something that wasn't the best idea. His friend actually convinced him to do what he did... he just listened to him for some reason. Everyone makes mistakes and he told me he apologized to Aaron I think (he didn't show me what he said so I don't know if he really did). He's mature just made a mistake. I use to talk to him a lot and we use to be pretty good friends but then we kind of just stopped talking. He acted his age. High school guys (or the ones I know irl) goof off and make mistakes. That's just part of life. And you learn from them. He learned his lesson so I don't think you should hold a grudge towards him. He's really nice and he was a great friend. I wouldn't choose the same exit he made, but it doesn't make him immature. :#

ExtremeArc

Iron Miner
TBH, the mere fact you are asking this questions provides its own answer. You are asking this question because you want seek the ability to apply for helper. This tell me that you are an impatient individual who wants to apply for helper without completely understand its role and purpose. I am 15, if a 10 year old "staff" comes up to me saying im hacking, im pretty damn sure i wont take him seriously. Furthermore, studies have shown that younger people are more prone to making rash decision on impulse, (muting someone you dont like, instead of them doing a bad job). This may note always be the case, but there have been borderline situations where young age even though a person is mature has impacted their clear judgment. In my collected 3 years experience as staff in different servers. I have met countless individuals who are young, out of all of these individuals, perhaps 1, maybe 2 have only ever stood out as mature. That boils down to almost a probability of 0.01%. You kind of get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.