world downloader, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marussia42

First Step
I have noticed that world downloader is not allowed on the server, I would like to use it for dowloading my base and I can´t figure out why this mod could be bad or ilegal on the server so I would sugest making it legal so that people can also download their bases.

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
World download is not allowed since people use it to look through faction bases, see what's inside and where everything is located. As well as locate spawners in the nether/over world. Most people wouldn't use world download to download their own bases.

Air_Racer64

Zombie Killer
I personally like world download, thats one of the reasons I don't really play SnapCraft Factions a lot, on other servers I use it when I raid big bases, so then I know where the most valuable stuff is so I don't have to waste tnt and redstone.(y):-D

Misunderstood

Stone Miner
Well let's suggest a scenario. Your faction claim a 10x10 (100 chunk) claim in the overworld and there is no sign of a base on top of the land. How do you know where to cannon in the 10x10? If you try to do this legitimately , you'll end up having to go through each (1x10) segment one by one at different y levels, which is ludicrous.

Or if there is a base, how do you know where to cannon? It's not unfair if you're raiding a big base with many separate watered boxes and you don't know what you're shooting at.

Furthermore don't impose rules you can't enforce. World download is a client side mod and can't be detected by the server at all. This reminds me of the rule not to ban evade on Discord. It's very easy to break the rule but impossible to 100% prove the rule was broken, since you can't get IPs or anything to identify users logging in from the same IP address on Discord. It's an unenforceable rule. You can look really suspicious but suspiciousness is not evidence.

Average

Gold Miner
It's not allowed because people would download our spawns and maps and use it on their own servers or sell it.
I know what you mean twiggy however people still do this. I've been on a server that had the Factions spawn before.

Average

Gold Miner
What difference does it make? From what I know about client side mods you can't detect it.
Only if the the Owner Or Admin ss (screen shares) the player to view there mods but I don’t believe that SnapCraft does this. It’s mainly on HCF servers that do this. And there is no way for mods to be detected server side.

Last edited:

DesignLeeWolf17

Gold Miner
Well I don't like the mod its just bad in general. All you wanna do it raid peoples bases more so you can become more powerful!

Status
Not open for further replies.