Wow?

iamontda

Void Walker
Yeah, I know it isn't an appealing title, but thanks for clicking.

I need some advice: Should I start playing WoW?

I know that it's a difficult question, since some of you probably play it already, and even more of you are probably sick of hearing about it for the past five years like myself. Just hear me out.

I know a lot of great people who enjoy playing it. I've scraped up bits of info from others online about how massive it is, how you can do so much, and how fleshed out the lore is. There's even a good point made by MatPat about how advanced the game's economy was made by the players. You could scratch around the Wiki all day to learn all of these cool tidbits.

My problem is commitment. I played Wizard101 back in 2010-ish, and in the range I spent a good amount of time playing and threw in a decent rack of money so that I could have a few in-game perks and coins to unlock new areas. Yeah, I was pulled into the pay-to-win business a bit early, but it's a fantastic game to start off with as a kid.

But with WoW, is it still possible to have a fun and successful gameplay that lasts at least ten hours without taking money to advance?

It's not very appealing to spend two hours in Survival making half of a stable while waiting for 1.8 to sort itself out. I have LoL, but I don't play it since it's more strategy based (seriously, there's a reason why people have jobs for that game. Don't try to tank like I did, because it doesn't work).

CoxBrothers

Emerald Miner
Um.. well i mean i've never played it but i've seen videos :-P but it just depends on what kind of games you like to play. So i'd say you can try it out for a while and see if you like it or not.

Trollm

Zombie Killer
Yeah, I know it isn't an appealing title, but thanks for clicking.

I need some advice: Should I start playing WoW?

I know that it's a difficult question, since some of you probably play it already, and even more of you are probably sick of hearing about it for the past five years like myself. Just hear me out.

I know a lot of great people who enjoy playing it. I've scraped up bits of info from others online about how massive it is, how you can do so much, and how fleshed out the lore is. There's even a good point made by MatPat about how advanced the game's economy was made by the players. You could scratch around the Wiki all day to learn all of these cool tidbits.

My problem is commitment. I played Wizard101 back in 2010-ish, and in the range I spent a good amount of time playing and threw in a decent rack of money so that I could have a few in-game perks and coins to unlock new areas. Yeah, I was pulled into the pay-to-win business a bit early, but it's a fantastic game to start off with as a kid.

But with WoW, is it still possible to have a fun and successful gameplay that lasts at least ten hours without taking money to advance?

It's not very appealing to spend two hours in Survival making half of a stable while waiting for 1.8 to sort itself out. I have LoL, but I don't play it since it's more strategy based (seriously, there's a reason why people have jobs for that game. Don't try to tank like I did, because it doesn't work).
No Iamont don't do it, really don't do it. WoW is not a video game, it is a drug. You're gonna get sucked in and not let out.

Enchanted

Gold Miner
Don't do it one thing leads to another and you're resigning as Builder due to inactivity to many staff quit or left or got kicked out!

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
Haven't I been sucked in like that with Minecraft for two and a half years?

tumblr_inline_mqk4xqg05S1qz4rgp.gif

Also Enchanted, I won't be leaving any time soon. It always jumps back to Minecraft. I was given early beta access to The Elder Scrolls Online. It took literally five hours to download and I played that for maybe three hours. I didn't even have Steam before I bought Minecraft, so I've literally played like twenty games on there but went back to Minecraft.

I kinda need something to do while waiting for 1.8 to be less buggy. Maarten doesn't want me to try it either :-P

Enchanted

Gold Miner
Haven't I been sucked in like that with Minecraft for two and a half years?

tumblr_inline_mqk4xqg05S1qz4rgp.gif

Also Enchanted, I won't be leaving any time soon. It always jumps back to Minecraft. I was given early beta access to The Elder Scrolls Online. It took literally five hours to download and I played that for maybe three hours. I didn't even have Steam before I bought Minecraft, so I've literally played like twenty games on there but went back to Minecraft.

I kinda need something to do while waiting for 1.8 to be less buggy. Maarten doesn't want me to try it either :-P
Okay just saying I like you :/ and I dont wanna see you go

OP
OP
iamontda

iamontda

Void Walker
You won't be. Snapcraft is my home. I could go on a big rant, but I'll shorten it.

Basically I found a horribly colored skin on Novaskin called "aeries ranger" when I was looking for a skin a long time ago. I fixed it, and went on their server, which was Alec's(and always empty), became obsessed with Survival, and played alone for a long time. Alecdent figured out what I'd been doing, I met everyone else, and then it shut down. Nothing happened for a while, and then Alec/ Maarten I guess asked if I wanted to join Snapcraft.

The end. I don't really check out servers any more, since Snap is my hub.