Added Better communication between staff and players through discord

Do you think there needs to be better communication from the staff to the players?

• Yes, please.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No, the current state is fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phex

Tree Puncher
**This is about factions**

There seems to be a big lack of communication between staff and players. Quite often there are big changes implemented to the server and no announcements are made - I am mainly referring to changes made on factions. If new plugins are being implemented, make an announcement on discord. Recruit people to be discord managers that can actually make these changes be known to players. Then in-game, add one of the announcements in chat that pops up in chat read: "new information about the server in our discord - click the link to join!" I can imagine it is frustrating to tell different players the same thing every day when they ask questions about the changes being made... that's why weekly, bug fixes, patch notes, and EVERYTHING else that is being worked on in the server should be told to players. There have been TPS problems and plugin problems for a long time and no one really knows what is being done to fix it, what Is the predicted cause, or ANY idea when these problems will be fixed. How about an estimate for when the factions server will be reset? People understand that Maarten is incredibly busy... that's why more staff need to be added and there need to be more people in management roles. Too often I see players talk about how admins redirect them to Maarten when they ask about questions about the server.

Really, players just want to know what's happening with the server and have it be public...

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
Most big issues are announced on the spot if they're major server-wide issues/news. An update log is announced and put out there about monthly including any recent bug fixes, etc. It would be nice if they were made maybe more often, I don't know about weekly though.. maybe every other week? Maarten could maybe give announcements to just staff specifically and we inform players instead of the announcement and he just continues doing it about every month.
The amount of staff isn't something you can just change, it depends on how many are applying and actually fit for the job. Current admins each have their job to do so management role would be something to figure up with time of seeing who would do well with it and has the time for it.

An idea of maybe adding a separate discord channel for the patch-notes possibly? Disallowing players to chat inside of it. Then at the end of the month just making a big announcement including them all in a thread as usual.
Seems like a good idea to be thought about server-wide, not just for factions though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.