Added Changes and ideas for faction server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ztrox

Stone Miner
There are some things to add/redo/fix in the faction server in order to make it better and more fun.
*Im only giving my honest opinion about stuff and my personal ideas to try and help the server grow and be the best possible.*

The map:
In total the map itself is fine but the size of the map is too big in my opinion, i would recommend to make more small worlds instead of 2 big worlds to add more corners which is the best for bases.
For example make the end as a new world that you can build in.

The warzone + PVP in the warzone:
1. There are a few problems with the warzone right now main problem currently in the warzone are slabs, they should either be removed or fixed.
The problem with them is when you walk or punch bow on a slab there is a small chance to get stuck in the place for few seconds also when you pearl in the warzone and the pearl lands on a slab the pearl gets canceled so this gotta be fixed or just remove the slabs and make the warzone flat exept for koth area.
2. Another issue with PVP in the warzone is that players just run away from fights, the main reason to fight in the warzone is the Koth events and at this point people stopped fighting all they do is knocking and running away to a trap or sometimes they log in order to survive.
This should not be like that, in my opinion the PVP is boring and in order to make it harder to escape from a fight you should add a warzone border which you can't go through if you are combat tagged so people wont be able to run into a trap if they are tagged by someone (the border should be 30 blocks before the wild so people cant camp a trap) also make the combat tag longer (its too short).
You can also add anti combat log plugin which will prevent players from just logging out, once you log out there is a villager with your name that you can still kill and get the loot that the player had.
3. Self combat tag should be a thing, when ever you punch bow you are tagged and you can't go to spawn/home/f home/f warps.

Stuff related to PVP:
There are some armor enchants that in my opinion should be removed and im talking about frozen5 and thorns3, this combination is just way too strong.
If some one is chasing me and i have those two enchants on my armor the guy who is chasing me can get slowness 6 for something like 5 seconds and get pushed 6 blocks away due to the thorns 3 and this is just unfair.
I also think it would be nice to add an enchant to the armor that will give us perm strength effect.
2. Knockback 2 enchant should either get nerfed or removed because it is just too strong and too easy to knock some one who is capping the koth event.
3. In my opinion you should buff bows, the damage is kind of low and it will be nice to have a new meta :)
4. I think adding mc version 1.7.10 to the server would be great because its better for PVP in general.
5. Gapple cooldown should be removed as the server PVP based on armor unbreaking and who loses his set first, that means having high unbreaking set is not that important and it leads to a situation where some one with a basic armor has a high potential of killing some one in a maxed set.
6. Add a kill counter to weapons like sword axe and bow.
or let us see player kills come up in chat because they are quite a big deal.
7. The enchant decapitate is just not working.
8. The pearl plugin is not good, when you are within 3 blocks of a surface and you use an ep it get's put on cooldown and used when it doesn't get thrown and you don't tp, no server has that and it makes it impossible to do pearling techniques or even pearl in tight spaces, also slabs stop pearls which is just dumb.

In game events(envoys/koth):
The envoys are great, the loot is good but the fake envoys are annoying and its very hard to find the true envoys(i know its to prevent esps but you can put them under ground or something).
2. The overworld koth is good and not good, the loot is very nice (it got buffed) but the koth area is just not good it's actually impossible to cap a koth because the corners of the koth are too small and with the enchant i mentioned before (knockback2) its too easy to knock.
At the end of the day it ends in a loop where people use the kb2 sword to knock and the thorns 3 (which i also mentioned) to run or they just disconnect.
3. The nether koth is not good at all, the loot is almost the same as the overworld koth except you are getting only 1 reward which makes it not good because you cant try to cap for 10 minutes and only get 1 clay as a reward and also at some point its not worth capping with all the problems i mentioned before about the enchants and the "warzone problem" and also the corner of the nether koth is too small.

Mob Grinding issues:
Ok so mob/animal grinders are just useless right now for token grind, last map it was actually good and you could make alot of tokens which is the main reason to make a grinder (apart of money farms that you can make with iron golems or creepers).
In my opinion the main part of the game is grinding and working hard to get stuff and its not happening because there is nothing to grind (im not talking about afking a farm, obviously its a thing and a part of making money) so the point is to make the server more active and push people to place spawners and not just hold them in their ender chest.
I think turning the grinders into the same as last map would be good.
2. Mobs/animals dont die and stack up and there is no way to get rid of them.

The economy:
The best way to make money right now in the server is by having an iron golem farm, to be honest not every faction can make one and especially new players.
The second best way by making money is in my opinion a cac farm its too hard to build a good cac farm that will make a good amount of money and it also takes alot of time to trench and to build.
I think the sell price should get buffed and also add more ways to make money like a sugar cane economy.

Faction related stuff:
There is a big problem with power in the server, to have a good main base people have to try hard and find "power bots" just to get 400 power which is the 20 chunk buffer.
And people need to also have farms other claims for smaller bases and it ends in about 1000 power per faction and thats just too hard to gain when every player gives 20 power max, the best way to solve it is by buffing the max power because it's just too hard.
2. The f missions were a great thing at the start of the map but right now they are just useless because the prize is too low and the grind is too hard, they should get buffed.

Trenching:

Trenching is a part of the game apart of building bases, the trenching on the server right now is too hard to do without paying irl money.
Excavation enchant got removed and it got replaced with a new thing named "trench pickaxe" and i think its just not as good, you can buy the pickaxe from /shop or for irl money for a better version of it.
the one from /shop is just not good enough and breaks too fast.
Another way to trench is by using chunkbusters which you can buy for irl money or from /f shop (too hard to get from factions shop), i think that new players having hard time by making a base because its just too hard to trench without paying money.

I would like to hear what do you think about the ideas/changes.
-zeani

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
i cant remember what it is but there was an issue with 1.7 combat hence why they removed it. I like most of the other ideas though!

Kanaks

Tree Puncher
There are some things to add/redo/fix in the faction server in order to make it better and more fun.
*Im only giving my honest opinion about stuff and my personal ideas to try and help the server grow and be the best possible.*

The map:
In total the map itself is fine but the size of the map is too big in my opinion, i would recommend to make more small worlds instead of 2 big worlds to add more corners which is the best for bases.
For example make the end as a new world that you can build in.

The warzone + PVP in the warzone:
1. There are a few problems with the warzone right now main problem currently in the warzone are slabs, they should either be removed or fixed.
The problem with them is when you walk or punch bow on a slab there is a small chance to get stuck in the place for few seconds also when you pearl in the warzone and the pearl lands on a slab the pearl gets canceled so this gotta be fixed or just remove the slabs and make the warzone flat exept for koth area.
2. Another issue with PVP in the warzone is that players just run away from fights, the main reason to fight in the warzone is the Koth events and at this point people stopped fighting all they do is knocking and running away to a trap or sometimes they log in order to survive.
This should not be like that, in my opinion the PVP is boring and in order to make it harder to escape from a fight you should add a warzone border which you can't go through if you are combat tagged so people wont be able to run into a trap if they are tagged by someone (the border should be 30 blocks before the wild so people cant camp a trap) also make the combat tag longer (its too short).
You can also add anti combat log plugin which will prevent players from just logging out, once you log out there is a villager with your name that you can still kill and get the loot that the player had.
3. Self combat tag should be a thing, when ever you punch bow you are tagged and you can't go to spawn/home/f home/f warps.

Stuff related to PVP:
There are some armor enchants that in my opinion should be removed and im talking about frozen5 and thorns3, this combination is just way too strong.
If some one is chasing me and i have those two enchants on my armor the guy who is chasing me can get slowness 6 for something like 5 seconds and get pushed 6 blocks away due to the thorns 3 and this is just unfair.
I also think it would be nice to add an enchant to the armor that will give us perm strength effect.
2. Knockback 2 enchant should either get nerfed or removed because it is just too strong and too easy to knock some one who is capping the koth event.
3. In my opinion you should buff bows, the damage is kind of low and it will be nice to have a new meta :)
4. I think adding mc version 1.7.10 to the server would be great because its better for PVP in general.
5. Gapple cooldown should be removed as the server PVP based on armor unbreaking and who loses his set first, that means having high unbreaking set is not that important and it leads to a situation where some one with a basic armor has a high potential of killing some one in a maxed set.
6. Add a kill counter to weapons like sword axe and bow.
or let us see player kills come up in chat because they are quite a big deal.
7. The enchant decapitate is just not working.
8. The pearl plugin is not good, when you are within 3 blocks of a surface and you use an ep it get's put on cooldown and used when it doesn't get thrown and you don't tp, no server has that and it makes it impossible to do pearling techniques or even pearl in tight spaces, also slabs stop pearls which is just dumb.

In game events(envoys/koth):
The envoys are great, the loot is good but the fake envoys are annoying and its very hard to find the true envoys(i know its to prevent esps but you can put them under ground or something).
2. The overworld koth is good and not good, the loot is very nice (it got buffed) but the koth area is just not good it's actually impossible to cap a koth because the corners of the koth are too small and with the enchant i mentioned before (knockback2) its too easy to knock.
At the end of the day it ends in a loop where people use the kb2 sword to knock and the thorns 3 (which i also mentioned) to run or they just disconnect.
3. The nether koth is not good at all, the loot is almost the same as the overworld koth except you are getting only 1 reward which makes it not good because you cant try to cap for 10 minutes and only get 1 clay as a reward and also at some point its not worth capping with all the problems i mentioned before about the enchants and the "warzone problem" and also the corner of the nether koth is too small.

Mob Grinding issues:
Ok so mob/animal grinders are just useless right now for token grind, last map it was actually good and you could make alot of tokens which is the main reason to make a grinder (apart of money farms that you can make with iron golems or creepers).
In my opinion the main part of the game is grinding and working hard to get stuff and its not happening because there is nothing to grind (im not talking about afking a farm, obviously its a thing and a part of making money) so the point is to make the server more active and push people to place spawners and not just hold them in their ender chest.
I think turning the grinders into the same as last map would be good.
2. Mobs/animals dont die and stack up and there is no way to get rid of them.

The economy:
The best way to make money right now in the server is by having an iron golem farm, to be honest not every faction can make one and especially new players.
The second best way by making money is in my opinion a cac farm its too hard to build a good cac farm that will make a good amount of money and it also takes alot of time to trench and to build.
I think the sell price should get buffed and also add more ways to make money like a sugar cane economy.

Faction related stuff:
There is a big problem with power in the server, to have a good main base people have to try hard and find "power bots" just to get 400 power which is the 20 chunk buffer.
And people need to also have farms other claims for smaller bases and it ends in about 1000 power per faction and thats just too hard to gain when every player gives 20 power max, the best way to solve it is by buffing the max power because it's just too hard.
2. The f missions were a great thing at the start of the map but right now they are just useless because the prize is too low and the grind is too hard, they should get buffed.

Trenching:

Trenching is a part of the game apart of building bases, the trenching on the server right now is too hard to do without paying irl money.
Excavation enchant got removed and it got replaced with a new thing named "trench pickaxe" and i think its just not as good, you can buy the pickaxe from /shop or for irl money for a better version of it.
the one from /shop is just not good enough and breaks too fast.
Another way to trench is by using chunkbusters which you can buy for irl money or from /f shop (too hard to get from factions shop), i think that new players having hard time by making a base because its just too hard to trench without paying money.

I would like to hear what do you think about the ideas/changes.
-zeani
Jesus i think your warzone was dumb asf and im not saying thid because i knock nd run but because its not only slabs you get stuck on if he removed slabs and everyone starts getting stuck on other blocks you guys are gonna complain nd cry the only reason to remove slabs would be because of the enderpearls. I think the villager spawning after u log in War zone is wack for new players nd players in general imagine u in your only set meeting someone with maxed gear maxed axe/sword if you tried to escape by logging because you have your only items on you just to find out there's a villager who spawns with all your items is just dumb nd i cba to read the rest of this dumbass post some things i would say is a nice fix nd or addition but you trying to change the warzone pvp is wack besides the thorns 3 nd frozen 5 smart smart all he really has to fix for wz pvp is the thorns 3 frozen 5 md the overall knockback you take as for the koths if you buffed the koth corners it would make it nearly impossible to knock from experience if you sit in the corner u dont take knockback if the person knocking is inside you buffing the corners would literally make it impossible to knock we have to hit from the side nd or from behind to even knockback the player who is capping

OP
OP
Ztrox

Ztrox

Stone Miner
Jesus i think your warzone was dumb asf and im not saying thid because i knock nd run but because its not only slabs you get stuck on if he removed slabs and everyone starts getting stuck on other blocks you guys are gonna complain nd cry the only reason to remove slabs would be because of the enderpearls. I think the villager spawning after u log in War zone is wack for new players nd players in general imagine u in your only set meeting someone with maxed gear maxed axe/sword if you tried to escape by logging because you have your only items on you just to find out there's a villager who spawns with all your items is just dumb nd i cba to read the rest of this dumbass post some things i would say is a nice fix nd or addition but you trying to change the warzone pvp is wack besides the thorns 3 nd frozen 5 smart smart all he really has to fix for wz pvp is the thorns 3 frozen 5 md the overall knockback you take as for the koths if you buffed the koth corners it would make it nearly impossible to knock from experience if you sit in the corner u dont take knockback if the person knocking is inside you buffing the corners would literally make it impossible to knock we have to hit from the side nd or from behind to even knockback the player who is capping
Every server has anti-log plugin to prevent people from this unfair advantage, when people go to pvp they take the risk of dying.
Stop crying plz.

Kanaks

Tree Puncher
Every server has anti-log plugin to prevent people from this unfair advantage, when people go to pvp they take the risk of dying.
Stop crying plz.
Ohh so nothing to say about my koth corner take good cuz ik im right as for your wz how can u expect new players to try for envoys? Not all players go off of spawn to wz with intention of pvp some may go to check out the envoys nd or juss get away from spawn ik /wild is a thing but still if they are new they wouldnt know much nd if we told a new player oh yeah if u go into wz and log youre pretty much dead so dont go for envoys...

frkzd

Tree Puncher
Ohh so nothing to say about my koth corner take good cuz ik im right as for your wz how can u expect new players to try for envoys? Not all players go off of spawn to wz with intention of pvp some may go to check out the envoys nd or juss get away from spawn ik /wild is a thing but still if they are new they wouldnt know much nd if we told a new player oh yeah if u go into wz and log youre pretty much dead so dont go for envoys...
/spawn is 2 seconds which is very quick, if you die doing envoys thats on you. Its not hard to know the risk

Kanaks

Tree Puncher
/spawn is 2 seconds which is very quick, if you die doing envoys thats on you. Its not hard to know the risk
Back to what i said earlier if someone decked out came bow boosting towards u cant really say oh ima do /spawn most peoples instincts is to just log

OP
OP
Ztrox

Ztrox

Stone Miner
Jesus... when you go to the warzone you take the risk as it says, "warzone" not "safezone".

Last edited:

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I agree with most of this stuff. Some stuff I can’t say much on as I don’t properly play factions. The 1.7 probably won’t happen as it was removed for good reasoning serverwide awhile back. I like the villager idea that comes when you log, a lot of other servers have that and it’s a good thing to implement as from all of the fights I have watched, it is very true that everyone just runs and logs and there isn’t much fighting. That goes along with most other things that would bring more fighting.

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner
this whole paragraph was somehow 1 sentence

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner
just gonna go over my brief thoughts, and i don’t have time for punctuation.

map is too big i need some bases and i cant find them. if end is added there shouldn't be a void.

this warzone wall thing is dumb. sometimes you need to run. if warzone was completely flat people with kite hacks would dominate, since it’s undetectable. If these hacks are utilized there would be no escape from warzone. people with 500+ levels and gsets would just rail you. yes pvp needs to be improved but if everyone who ran in warzone died nobody would show up to koths in the first place.

thorns seems op nerf the kb.

1.7 isn't allowed for reasons there are also reasons why you cant pearl on slabs and pearl 3 blocks in front of you. It’s less about combat more about raiding.

some of this stuff makes sense, however if you want to know how a koth should work, i suggest you take inspiration from other servers, because if I’m being honest i have no clue how to make pvp better without causing more problems.

the power stuff is kinda dumb like yeah i get your point not everybodys base will have a 20 chunk buffer. i have a corner and the buffer is 17 chunks. the issue is raiding is already a rare occurrence so what needs to happen is raiding needs to be easier. No not just for big factions by making a gen patching cooldown. it’s small things like disabling wither skull kb, making ceggs more affordable etc.

i will be making a forums post today or tomorrow. overall the problem with factions is new stuff is being added before older stuff is finished/working. i have two bug reports up that are pretty big. i encourage people to look for bugs to help make the server better, cause staff cant do it alone.

if you report bugs you will get gems which can be used on the snapcraft store. it’s essentially a win win.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner

OriBM

Stone Miner
pvp sucks now and thats the reason i personally dont play anymore, sorry to break it to you maarten but kb 2 and thorns are broken, we need bigger koths, and we need a bigger warzone... traps are op :-D the anti combat-log is decent in my opinion, some of the people here (kanaka) said some bs about how everything is just fine, its not, if you decide to go to WARZONE you are taking a risk and you might lose your armor, the only thing that kanaka thinks about is his own gain and you should ignore his replies. "wack for new players" clown :-D

IntuitiveSoul

Tree Puncher
As a long standing and hard grinding factions player I also agree with most of this;
The PvP side I won’t say much on as it’s not my area aside from the fact that the slabs in warzone is the worst thing to happen since sand stacking became useless.
Having the economy improved a bit for the new comers and to ease the grind of trenching for people not wanting to grind would do the server some good and add enough flow for players to stay;
My biggest problem is power bots. With the current state of quite a diverse player base; power bots shouldn’t be able to be a thing; these massive bases that have arose are stupid for 2 points of factors;
1. The amount of players active on the server that aren’t in the powerful 3 isn’t enough man power to take on these bases properly within the time someone even relogs with the ability to cobble gen 7 walls within the 4 second gap of nuking 1 wall at a time.
And 2. Properly sand stacking cannons/withering takes enough time as it does to raid a base of a comfortable size; but having 50 walls surrounding 3 chunks of air before u get to a flying vault is only achievable through one thing; power bots; and fair players that enjoy the idea of being able to actually raid on factions don’t use such things.

OP
OP
Ztrox

Ztrox

Stone Miner
As a long standing and hard grinding factions player I also agree with most of this;
The PvP side I won’t say much on as it’s not my area aside from the fact that the slabs in warzone is the worst thing to happen since sand stacking became useless.
Having the economy improved a bit for the new comers and to ease the grind of trenching for people not wanting to grind would do the server some good and add enough flow for players to stay;
My biggest problem is power bots. With the current state of quite a diverse player base; power bots shouldn’t be able to be a thing; these massive bases that have arose are stupid for 2 points of factors;
1. The amount of players active on the server that aren’t in the powerful 3 isn’t enough man power to take on these bases properly within the time someone even relogs with the ability to cobble gen 7 walls within the 4 second gap of nuking 1 wall at a time.
And 2. Properly sand stacking cannons/withering takes enough time as it does to raid a base of a comfortable size; but having 50 walls surrounding 3 chunks of air before u get to a flying vault is only achievable through one thing; power bots; and fair players that enjoy the idea of being able to actually raid on factions don’t use such things.
I agree bro, and i think that power is one of the biggest problems.

Riddim

Tree Puncher
I agree with most things said in this post but especially about the pvp issues, enderpearls need an entirely new plugin because rn they are complete trash, I've seen no server where pearling on an open slab cancels the pearl, I know it's to stop pearl glitches but there is no way to pearl glitch through entire blocks without using some sort of exploit caused by a blacklisted client, every pearling technique should be useable such as talis, the pvp is heavily focused on knocking and then running away safely which is way too easy in the current meta. I also think custom enchants need a whole rework or you should add 8 minute 2 pots like 8 mins str 2 and 8 mins speed 2 that are on most other fac servers, the gapp cooldown is mostly a joke as it is very little time where you can quicky, it mostly never happens, it should either be alot longer or just removed entirely, that all depends on how skillfull you want pvp to be, I think frozen and molten and most other customs are terrible, nothing should give you slowness 6 (frozen does) for any amount of time also an enchant that gives permanent strength would be really appreciated, the kb isn't as bad as it once was but it still needs fixes, kb 2 should be removed and the overall kb needs to be more consistent and lower, warzone needs to be flat, combat logging and running should be heavily discouraged. Maybe add a 24/7 outpost where you get rewards for keeping it capped seen it on other servers and seems cool. Oh and please buff cane and make printer work. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.