Added Global KitPvP suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrazyCorn

Gold Miner
Hey Snapcrafters,

KitPvP finally reset and came with quite a few new features. I'm here to talk about a few of those and how I think some things should be changed. I will start with some small global KitPvP suggestions, then I will talk about some obvious ways to change the ways to obtain rare crate keys. And I will finish off with some bigger suggestions also regarding the rare crate keys.

I will start with the smaller suggestions:
  1. Change the arrow position for the Emperor kit to the 9th slot in the hotbar. I personally don't get why it isn't in the 9th slot to begin with. https://i.imgur.com/IZ4HAUc.jpg
  2. Reduce the capture and neutralize time for the outposts. Capturing 60 seconds, neutralizing 30 seconds. This gives a total of 90 seconds or one and a half minute to change the capturer.
  3. Increase rewards for the outposts. Right now the outposts are hardly used because the reward is simply not great enough. I would maybe double some of the outposts rewards.
  4. Make the minimal money you get from a kill or kill assist 0.60: Right now you can get below that, and honestly if I get that much you might as well give nothing. I have gotten 0.09 before and that's basically nothing.
  5. Add a way to see which outpost is taken to the scoreboard. Right now there is a hologram at the spawn showing what's going on but when you're down in the PvP zone you won't be able to see it obviously.
  6. Add a message that pops up on your screen that the outpost you have captured is being neutralized. Right now it's quite hard to see that your outpost is being neutralized so there should be a notification when it is happening.
  7. Give 250 starting money to every new player that joins.
Now on to the rare crates. I think we can all agree that the rare crates have made it way more difficult to play as a non rank, or new player. The only way to obtain rare crates right now is via store or via killing. I have asked around and multiple people have told me that since the rare crates drop from kills they're more likely to kill non ranked players because they're an easy target. I think the rare crates are a great idea however the way to obtain them should be changed.

Here are a few things that I think should be done with the rare crate keys:
  1. Add rare crate keys to the vote create. By doing this even without killing anyone you can obtain them. I would say a chance of getting one should be around 5%.
  2. Add rare crate keys to the kill crate. The chance of getting one from a kill crate key should be 1% otherwise there would be the same problem that people would just want to farm to get kill crate keys.
  3. Add rare crate keys to Envoys, obviously with a low chance.
  4. Remove or decrease the drop rate of rare crate keys when killing a player. This is probably too much to do and I will give a different solution later on in this thread.
These were the more obvious solutions for the problem. I will now get into other ways to implement rare crates.
  1. At the moment outposts are quite unused. They don't give a reward that compensates the effort of keeping the outpost captured. I'm thinking of adding a way to obtain rare crate keys by capturing outposts for a certain amount of time. For example you have to capture the outpost for 10 minutes and there will be a 50% chance of getting a rare crate key. To not make this too op you would only be allowed to capture two outposts at a time with one gang.
  2. Only make rare crate keys drop from ranked players. I'm not sure about this myself. It would be a great solution for the targeting non ranked players problem. But I don't think the ranked players would react well. Even so, I do think that it would fix the problem without making it less enjoyable for ranked players.
  3. Right now when having a killstreak you will get a bounty on you. Rare crate keys could be added to those bounties. As in if you have a 50 kill streak and you get killed the player killing you gets the bounty money plus 25% chance to get a rare crate.
The last thing I want to talk about it teaming. I personally think the teaming rule should be implemented still. It kinda has gone quiet but I would personally still like it.

Thanks for reading this suggestion regarding KitPvP.

-Corn

Asheey

Mod
Staff member
Mod
1. Doesn’t rly bother me but sure
2. I like that it takes some time to capture and stuff, then you have to (possibly) defend it a bit harder.
3. Yea agreed
4. Yes
5. That or a command
6. Agreed
7. I mean everyone has access to voting but yea why not

Rare keys should be hard to get, adding it to everything would make it so everyone has like 50 gsets after a month. I like it the way it is rn personally.

Giving an outpost an option to get 50% chance for a rare sounds a bit much, maybe 10-15% at max.

I like the idea of making rare keys only droppable by ranked players but then again most ranked players are teamed.

and I agree with the teaming rule.

Honey0737

Obsidian Miner
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Fully agree
5. Great idea
6. Agree
7. Yup
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/2. Have it 1% chance for both the vote crate and the kill crate
3. Yeah sure
4. Yes!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Just don't get them from outposts at all - you've already suggested doubling the rewards from them anyways, giving people an incentive to capture them
2. Yes
3. 25% is a bit much - 10-15% would be better
If rare crate keys were to be added to just vote/kill crates and envoys, there would need to be a reduction on the likelihood of getting one by killing a player, for example by just being able to get them by killing ranked players.
The last thing I want to talk about it teaming. I personally think the teaming rule should be implemented still. It kinda has gone quiet but I would personally still like it.
Agreed ^

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
Agreed with Honey and Ash

BumBuDumDum

Admin
Staff member
Admin
1) I like it where it is rn ;p
2) Yes, needs to be reduced - Also a person shouldn't just be able to run into a captured outpost and leave for it to slowly go down to 0% automatically
3) yes
4) eh I would personally not, would reduce for non ranked players and make ranked players higher money worth
5) Either remove the outpost messages in chat and put a scoreboard, or don't put the scoreboard at all imo
6) ye
7) ye

1) ye, lower chance tho
2) ye
3) ye
4) decrease drop rate

1) imo then there are way too many ways to get rare keys, and takes away from the "rare" aspect
2) ye, I think this would help the non rank targeting
3) no, same as the 1st point - too many ways of getting rare keys

Teaming rule should be implemented asap, I agree

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I think that the teaming rule should be added so that you cannot team with non gang members. The reason for this is that right now pvp is just full of a few gangs working together to farm other players, and they can exploit this by punching each other towards players and similar stuff, and right now it seems like you have to pay in order to actually play, so implementing the teaming rule is the first step in the right direction I feel

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Here are some of my thoughts-

It's there because the armor pieces are in slots 6-9, though they are auto equipped upon respawning so you don't notice that.
2. Sure.
3. I wouldn't mind either way.
4. I don't mind assist money being low. As non you don't get a lot of money to begin with, so increasing the minimum amount of money you can get from assists could help new players as well as all other nons to get more money.
5. A command would be quite useful. Speaking of which, the placement of the outposts scoreboard is not the best, as it is mostly hidden by the donor info signs (https://i.imgur.com/mFDJEWW.png). I suggest placing it in the middle of the stats top scoreboards or right infront of them (https://imgur.com/a/tC6veUP).
6. Agreed.
7. 250 isn't all that much but it would still give new players to test things out and see what /shop or /ah has to offer.

1. Could be added. 5% chance is too high - should be around 1% or less.
2. Once again with 1% or less chance.
I would not put the rare key in both vote and kill crate, only one if any.
3/4. Yes.

1. I feel like this would be too easy to do.
2. Decreases the chance for nons / new players to get rare keys from kills immensely, more than for ranked players. But I agree it would have nons targeted less.
3. Too easy. Once you already own a gset, getting more with rare keys from killstreaks wouldn't be much of a problem.

About teaming rule: (not being able to attack / kill a player at the same time as someone else you are in a team with)

On the one hand, adding such a rule could be beneficial for new players or players without a big team, like
  • staying alive longer
  • having a better introduction into the gamemode
  • not feeling like fodder / getting farmed the moment you drop down
generally
  • get more kills, less assists

On the other hand, there might be issues like
  • enforcing such a rule by staff would be hard - and might be focused on instead of (e.g.) catching hackers
  • no more big gfights in the arena (I get that /gang duels would be used instead, though I see this working only after implementing and testing it, and positive feedback by the community)
  • so that you cannot team with non gang members.
    if teaming was restricted by /g members only, gangs would not be able to hold all gang members - if the max amount of players in a gang would be erased, gangs could become too big

A big change like this might make a lot of active players quit the server. So in any case, I would introduce changes to teaming or implementing a rule about teaming slowly, going in the right direction.

right now pvp is just full of a few gangs working together to farm other players

Status
Not open for further replies.