Added Snapcraft Levels (Factions)

Should Level Hearts and Damage Be Capped

• Total voters

paac

Stone Miner
Hey,

In snapcraft a player is able to attain in game levels by completing simple actions like killing mobs. In return for these levels you can gain extra hearts and extra damage; so level 300 would have 3 extra hearts. However this, combined with mcmmo upgrades is creating a clearly defined skill gap. Certain players within factions are using this method, buying XP multipliers and grinding levels, to the point where they are now completely incontestable in pvp due to their immense damage and increased hearts, reducing the chance of killing them by a mile. This is ruining the factions community as the hundreds of new players that join factions each day are instantly put at a disadvantage, as they are unable to gain loot, and grind the game the same way everyone had to grind at the very start of factions years ago. It's as if the only way to be good at factions is to have a high level so you can increase your hearts and damage, and become overpowered within the faction realm. This needs to be changed as fast as possible; more and more players are quitting factions each day due to the horrendous skill gap and abuse of the hearts and damage, and is becoming less and less like a normal factions server.

I recommend a heart and damage cap on levels, by just keeping 1 extra heart and 0.20 damage which can be achieved at level 100, and from their i believe there should be no extra hearts or damage rates involved when a player progresses further. Furthermore, i believe mcmmo introduces an extra element, which was originally introduced to increase a players abilities within factions. One of the key mcmmo abilities is axes mcmmo and swords mcmmo which allows the player to deal more damage, or longer effects on another player. My point is this already gives a player a small advantage, but by combining this with levels just increases the advantage until it becomes too overpowered and incontestable by other players.

Paac

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner
Ye I agree quickie-ing people should be easier. The issue is that it’s a way for talentless players to pay their way to be good at pvp. 5 extra hearts is ridiculous. However, you don’t want people to feel scammed, so I’m suggesting alternative advantages for having a higher level. This could mean more exp drops, more tokens per mob, etc.

Pvp is an essential part of factions and it’s how the server grows.

dugoutss

Tree Puncher
Players grind for what they get if you put weeks into the server u should have a advantage this post is irrelevant maybe u should work as hard as the players that have a high level its available to everyone. grinding is a perk new players should never have close to what vets have. this will never pass people worked hard for there levels

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
Players grind for what they get if you put weeks into the server u should have a advantage this post is irrelevant maybe u should work as hard as the players that have a high level its available to everyone. grinding is a perk new players should never have close to what vets have. this will never pass people worked hard for there levels
this is coming from a level 600 with 5 hearts advantage and uncapped damage advantage. plus you're mctop 3.

dugoutss

Tree Puncher
this is coming from a level 600 with 5 hearts advantage and uncapped damage advantage. plus you're mctop 3.
dmg caps at +2 just like survival and plus I grinded for this sorry im not lazy like you. go make a grinder and grind yourself quit being salty

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner
Grinding isn't pay to win, the $150 rank you have on factions is.

what about the exp booster for the levels. I have the most playtime on the server and I’m not even level 200 yet. It is pay to win. No other factions server has this plugin.

Nynx

First Step
what about the exp booster for the levels. I have the most playtime on the server and I’m not even level 200 yet. It is pay to win. No other factions server has this plugin.
We do more productive things with our playtime, like grinding levels. AFKing doesn't count to your level

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner
Do you also want McMMO to be nerfed? An aspect of almost every single factions server for years?

He's talking about how it adds up. Mcmmo should not be removed, although maarten did make a poll about removing it roughly a year ago. The thing is mcmmo was made for factions. This level thing is not on any other factions server.

Nynx

First Step
He's talking about how it adds up. Mcmmo should not be removed, although maarten did make a poll about removing it roughly a year ago. The thing is mcmmo was made for factions. This level thing is not on any other factions server.
The level system rewards people who put time into the server and grind in order to have an advantage. That is the whole part of a MMO is to grind, is it not?

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
Do you also want McMMO to be nerfed? An aspect of almost every single factions server for years?
No not at all, the mcmmo is balanced and i can understand it as it allows players to attain an advantage in specific sectors only. Mcmmo is also very hard to attain and requires more time and effort and money to attain. However levels are very focused on one specific aspect which is pvp and seems extremely biased when pvping new players who dont have any mcmmo or level advantage

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner

Okay, so let’s just eliminate any new players from having a chance of pvp. Server growth 100.

Phex

Tree Puncher
Maarten wouldn't be able to just remove the boosts that level gives to players... if a factions player spends $20 on a LEVEL booster and factions is what they play, how would it be fair for Maarten to get rid of the perks they were grinding for. There are public grinders on survival that anyone on snapcraft can use. Xur, you afk spawn and have the most playtime, if you used a afk pool it would give you more expirience.

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
The level system rewards people who put time into the server and grind in order to have an advantage. That is the whole part of a MMO is to grind, is it not?
The whole point of mcmmo is to have an advantage. Levels buff this advantage by a landslide and make it even more op. Its not fair and you basically are saying you want to eliminate new players from joining factions. the only active players on factions are ones from last reset, new players are even more likely to stick to the server and actually consistently play as they are massively disadvantaged from the start

Nynx

First Step
No not at all, the mcmmo is balanced and i can understand it as it allows players to attain an advantage in specific sectors only. Mcmmo is also very hard to attain and requires more time and effort and money to attain. However levels are very focused on one specific aspect which is pvp and seems extremely biased when pvping new players who dont have any mcmmo or level advantage
Were you not just complaining about how boosters are pay to win, but then McMMO "costs more money" but is apparently "balanced"?

Crazzydriver

Tree Puncher
Mcmmo all you need to do is drop some credits into? No grinding at all. Level you need to earn. I haven't got a booster and I'm up to level 200

Nynx

First Step
The whole point of mcmmo is to have an advantage. Levels buff this advantage by a landslide and make it even more op. Its not fair and you basically are saying you want to eliminate new players from joining factions. the only active players on factions are ones from last reset, new players are even more likely to stick to the server and actually consistently play as they are massively disadvantaged from the start
I didn't play last reset, yet me and dugouts are the ones you're complaining about. I grinded in order to have the advantages I have.

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
Were you not just complaining about how boosters are pay to win, but then McMMO "costs more money" but is apparently "balanced"?
No not at all. Mcmmo doesn't require you to pay in real life money for your advantage. you can attain through grinding the aspect or skill you want to increase. However, in order to attain a high level you literally require an xp booster otherwise the xp difference between each level would be so high that it would take days or weeks to increase each level. A possible solution to this would be to get rid of xp boosters entirely, but that is no longer possible due to factions such as Ethreal who are purposely exploiting the method in order to maximize their advantage upon other faction players. if they just grinded mcmmo, then yes they would have an advantage, but it would be in specific and focused sectors (eg. herbalism or axes) to which yes they would have an advantage, but not to a point where they are overpowered completely

Phex

Tree Puncher
You can buy a s6 sword u can buy a $150 rank u can buy leg keys you can buy god apples... every factions player or survival player who is grinding for their high level in order to get an edge over their opponent is going to get screwed over if what they tried to work for is taken away.