Added Snapcraft Levels (Factions)

Should Level Hearts and Damage Be Capped

• Total voters
OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
Mcmmo all you need to do is drop some credits into? No grinding at all. Level you need to earn. I haven't got a booster and I'm up to level 200
I respect the level grind. I agree with your statement on 'dropping credits into mcmmo' which is fair enough. However, you can also attain these manually by grinding similarly to levels which in contrast takes longer to build up to its maximum rate, and also is FOCUSED specifically on one target aspect (eg. herbalism, axes etc.). This makes players have an advantage in only CERTAIN aspects that they grinded for. You can still purchase credits through rank upgrades and players selling them, but they are also selling for an all time high rate of 3.5k per credit which is essentially a reasonable sacrifice in return for having to put less manual effort into grinding. This seperates it from levels, which you can just buy a booster and grind 4x more xp which is just ridiculous in comparison to credits. its just clearly more attainable and more rewarding overtime

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
I didn't play last reset, yet me and dugouts are the ones you're complaining about. I grinded in order to have the advantages I have.
im not complaining about anyone specifically otherwise my forum would just be hate towards specific players, and as a player i do not wish to hate on others when getting my point across. this post isnt about hate, its just to get my point across :)

dugoutss

Tree Puncher
Lmao we are f top 1 and u guys expect us to have the same advantage as new players like please name 1 game that you grind that doesn't give players advantages like what are you on about grind=advantages in any game in this world u guys constantly bash this server non stop and continue to play it and complain about other players that actually care about this server and grind hard for stuff and your just trying to get it taken away. maybe if u guys try and grind like us u will get better outcome instead of afking spawn if marten nerfs this he has to nerf every server its a global level that takes a long time to grind. people work hard for there grinders which are used to get higher levels so maybe u guys should get your own grinder and quit complaining if he changes this a lot more will have to be changed

Crazzydriver

Tree Puncher
Okay, so let’s just eliminate any new players from having a chance of pvp. Server growth 100.
So a new player jumping down in prot 1 Iron is gonna have the same chance as me in my U8 GSets? Yes level is really gonna make a difference there. Unless kit guest starts to get P5 U3 then they will never stand a chance in pvping with an Immortal. You never join any game and immediately be on equal level with an old player. Fyi I started this reset.

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
You can buy a s6 sword u can buy a $150 rank u can buy leg keys you can buy god apples... every factions player or survival player who is grinding for their high level in order to get an edge over their opponent is going to get screwed over if what they tried to work for is taken away.
I personally disagree with this statement. I feel as if the grind for mcmmo, levels, items in game etc should be manual without help from the irl money store. however i feel contrary to this in regards to items like you stated 'sharp 6' swords, which cost a higher rate of real money ($150) for that high advantage. Again you listed a possible solution to the problem by vastly increasing level boosters, but it's too late for that now due to the immense skill cap a faction called Ethreal appear to have due to their excessive use of the levels system which somehow hasnt been acknowledged for how overpowered it is yet.

Phex

Tree Puncher
If Maarten were to nerf/negate the advantages that people have from grinding their level so high, then he would be obliged to refunding people for the money they spent on level boosters to get where they are now. The argument that they grind level 500 for the "nolife" tag that has been added is stupid. The work around to this would be to raise the level that people need to grind for in order to obtain MAX damage / MAXed out additional hearts - it is too late in the game at this point. **There are public grinders on survival that any player can use. When you talk to new players on factions, 90% will say that the $150 immortal rank that people have is a WAY bigger advantage than a level 300 has. If you put a level 1 player in kit immortal against a level 500 player in kit guest, the level 500 would still get 3 hit. This said, buff kit guest. Give players diamond/diamond tools and regular golden apples. The high level perks (increased damage and health boost) that people want nerfed is attainable to every single person on the server. Do /survival and go to a public grinder :). The $3 Quadruple XP booster is nothing compared to the $150 immortal rank on factions. *Grind MCMMO alchemy you say? You can /buy Mcmmo levels ;-) You cannot /buy levels.

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
I like the thought of capping the damage dealt from high levels, keeping hearts the same though. I have suggested this to be a server-wide thing myself as well. Yes, players work hard and pay for the advantage, but it is quite op and that would balance it out. I myself have paid money and put the effort into grinding to get a higher level and I know people who have as well who agree with this. Also to add, mcmmo axes was capped because of the damage dealt, so makes sense this would be too.

dugoutss

Tree Puncher
I like the thought of capping the damage dealt from high levels, keeping hearts the same though. I have suggested this to be a server-wide thing myself as well. Yes, players work hard and pay for the advantage, but it is quite op and that would balance it out. I myself have paid money and put the effort into grinding to get a higher level and I know people who have as well who agree with this. Also to add, mcmmo axes was capped because of the damage dealt, so makes sense this would be too.
So u think a level 400 and a level 900 should do the same damage lmao if that’s the point he should just cap the level no point in going past 400 it should remain the same if you don’t wanna grind them it’s your own fault people on level top grind 10 hours a day

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
There were already caps in place, however, I do see how it could be fairly strong and for that reason, I have changed the scaling of levels and slightly lowered the max damage cap from 2.0 to 1.75 and I have also halved the extra hearts per level so you now get 2.5 hearts at level 500 instead of 5. I have also decreased damage taken by diamond armor by 50% to prevent it from breaking to fast with mcMMO axes in mind.