Trick Or Treating As A Teen

mockingjy1

First Step
People judge those of us who choose to dress up and trick or treat even though we're teenagers but we've got candy and they don't so...

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You can buy candy yourself...
To get fat...
You don't even need that much candy...
Is that all about candy anyway?

iamontda

Void Walker
I love going trick-or-treating, I've done it every year except for this one because I was at a marching band competition yesterday. The thing about trick-or-treating as a teenager that's 14 years old plus is that you're an older kid who can definitely scrounge up enough money to buy yourself some candy instead of taking from an adult's stock that should instead be going towards little kids.

Seriously though, I'm a lot more likely to eat candy that I got trick-or-treating than just candy that I've bought because it feels special. I love showing other people my costume, too. The only real way to have a cover for trick-or-treating if you're in a neighborhood that doesn't like teenagers doing it is to take a younger sibling or babysit for someone and doing it.

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The last time when I was trick-or-treating was when I was 11 or 12 years old. Can't remember though. I like wearing cool costumes or cosplays too.

Jennab

Gold Miner
I love going trick-or-treating, I've done it every year except for this one because I was at a marching band competition yesterday. The thing about trick-or-treating as a teenager that's 14 years old plus is that you're an older kid who can definitely scrounge up enough money to buy yourself some candy instead of taking from an adult's stock that should instead be going towards little kids.

Seriously though, I'm a lot more likely to eat candy that I got trick-or-treating than just candy that I've bought because it feels special. I love showing other people my costume, too. The only real way to have a cover for trick-or-treating if you're in a neighborhood that doesn't like teenagers doing it is to take a younger sibling or babysit for someone and doing it.
My sister had a marching band competition yesterday as well ;3 And I had to go to it. Missed trick or treating. Yay.

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
my mom just bought me a bag of candy and handed it to me but then she took it back and gave it to little children. thx mom

OP
OP
mockingjy1

mockingjy1

First Step

Ok but that's why teens go later than kids, kids go before dark and get what they want and teens get the rest after dark

OP
OP
mockingjy1

mockingjy1

First Step
You can buy candy yourself...
To get fat...
You don't even need that much candy...
Is that all about candy anyway?
It's about dressing up and having fun with your friends and getting candy that people voluntarily gave to you

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Well I'd rather eat a yogurt with a fruit or something in it maybe some chocolate chips than a full bag of awful candy and get diabetis.

RefinedBird

Zombie Killer
Well I'd rather eat a yogurt with a fruit or something in it maybe some chocolate chips than a full bag of awful candy and get diabetis.
Pfft, this skwub (Very nice one) doesn't seem to eat 2 kg candy a week, like everyone else does.

iamontda

Void Walker
Ok but that's why teens go later than kids, kids go before dark and get what they want and teens get the rest after dark
Here think of this: It's halloween and you're trying to give little kids some candy. You go, "Hey, I'll leave the light on if any little kids get here late. I hope I have some candy left later to eat for myself." Then a bunch of high school kids run up to your door, and there goes the rest of it.

black_mits

Gold Miner
As a parent I give candy to anyone that puts some effort into a costume. Kid or adult alike it truly doesn't matter to me.

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
As a parent I give candy to anyone that puts some effort into a costume. Kid or adult alike it truly doesn't matter to me.
What about those fatties that just buy a simple costume in the interwebs?

black_mits

Gold Miner
I said put effort in if over 12 I just don't care nor do I insult people either. U might grow out of that one day when u have kiddos and they come home and tell u someone was making fun of them really makes u think. Btw I like all hollows eve or Halloween :)

Guarde

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I said put effort in if over 12 I just don't care nor do I insult people either. U might grow out of that one day when u have kiddos and they come home and tell u someone was making fun of them really makes u think. Btw I like all hollows eve or Halloween :)
Believe me. I won't EVER get (a) child/ren (there isn't a different way than adopting anyway).
But anywho, I like everything creepy or scary... So, kids, try to surprise me with your costumes next time >3

PayterPops83

Stone Miner

Which state? My High School tied for 1st in the state (Kansas) and got best Drumline :)