Added All Unban / All Unmute

Should There Be An All Unban / All Unmute?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
I like the thought of these both, but it would obviously take time to figure out who would need to stay permanently banned and permanently muted even after this. As far as I am aware, this hasn't happened since 2013/14 so there have been thousands of perm mutes and perm bans since then so this would be a lot of looking into to make sure there aren't some possibly wrong people unbanned/unmuted. I think if this were to happen as well that some changes need to be made within rules and how staff deal with punishments. Without any of that changing, tons of people can easily end up muted again making this just repeat itself. I think stating the punishment for all offenses within rules would be helpful to allow players to hopefully avoid some actions when they're more aware of the consequences. Overall, I like this and It would maybe be a good thing for the servers playercount because not everyone will repeat their offenses. The staff team would have to look more into hackers because obviously there would be a lot of those which is a bad thing but it seems there are more pros to this than cons if this were to happen. If this were to happen, which I doubt maarten would do this, those who are unbanned I think should be perm banned if they're caught breaking rules again instantly.
Agreed

orbit14

Tree Puncher
I like the thought of these both, but it would obviously take time to figure out who would need to stay permanently banned and permanently muted even after this. As far as I am aware, this hasn't happened since 2013/14 so there have been thousands of perm mutes and perm bans since then so this would be a lot of looking into to make sure there aren't some possibly wrong people unbanned/unmuted. I think if this were to happen as well that some changes need to be made within rules and how staff deal with punishments. Without any of that changing, tons of people can easily end up muted again making this just repeat itself. I think stating the punishment for all offenses within rules would be helpful to allow players to hopefully avoid some actions when they're more aware of the consequences. Overall, I like this and It would maybe be a good thing for the servers playercount because not everyone will repeat their offenses. The staff team would have to look more into hackers because obviously there would be a lot of those which is a bad thing but it seems there are more pros to this than cons if this were to happen. If this were to happen, which I doubt maarten would do this, those who are unbanned I think should be perm banned if they're caught breaking rules again instantly.

BOSSMAN! ARE YOU MAD! ITS A GOOD THING BRO TRUST FAM <3 :-D

Reeive

Zombie Killer
Ahh someone who can see both sides!!! <3

AndreasManU

Zombie Killer

Respect for considering it and looking at the bigger picture. Its important that staff dont just see this and immediatly start slating it without proper reading through a good made post. :)

Jeepers1

Gold Miner
I disagree, there should be alternative measures put into place:
Firstly, muted players should be allowed to use /ah, which has been a seperate forums post that I agree with. I know players can bypass their mute this way, but that should be a bannable offence (mentioned in the other suggestion, so not going into detail).

I do not agree with the unban idea; as both Ashy and Kitten have stated, any perm-banned people have been aware that they only have limited chances on this server. They should feel free to appeal when they want, but if they're more looking into other servers than appeal as was originally stated by Paac, then that's not up to the staff team. In other words, if they want to play elsewhere, they probably wouldn't be looking to play on snapcraft whether banned or not.

Lastly, with the idea about punishments expiring, I agree but not as short as 8 months. If there was a 2 year expiry limit, that would be sufficient in my opinion, however without a way to check how many times you have been previously punished, I would not say this would be in any way feasible.

Overall, it's a no from me, but I see why some players would like it.

-Jeepers1

Edit: I agree with wowoow's opinion on this matter, it would take a lot of looking into to see what could potentially happen inside this topic in regards to old bans. Maybe see the time of the last ban/mute?

itai

Tree Puncher
Never gonna happen.
Simple reason- most of the money snapcraft gets is from unmutes,unbans:
When people appeal it usually gets denied then maarten demands for money, for example 20-40$ per unmute and more
Unbans are usually 40$-100$ (seen 100-1.1k aswell)
Appeals do work sometimes, but usually they get denied and if the player really wants to play he would ask for a price.

Why players keeps buying them?
1. Stupid kids that keep bypassing and using their parents money
2. People with items that's worth way more than the unban price just buy it as if it's worth it/ do irls with other ppl to get unbanned.

Anyways unban all / unmute all isn't gonna be a thing, for example you can see 2 helpers just saying no, why? Because (in my opinion) they don't care, snapcraft is dying and that's a fact other than banning people and getting their gems per ban I don't see them doing anything to help the server

Wacky

Creeper Hugger

^^^
I agree, wouldn't have been able to sum my opinion up better than this so I'll just quote what wow said

axhe

Mod
Staff member
Mod
Firstly, muted players should be allowed to use /ah, which has been a seperate forums post that I agree with. I know players can bypass their mute this way, but that should be a bannable offence (mentioned in the other suggestion, so not going into detail).

I do not agree with the unban idea; as both Ashy and Kitten have stated, any perm-banned people have been aware that they only have limited chances on this server. They should feel free to appeal when they want, but if they're more looking into other servers than appeal as was originally stated by Paac, then that's not up to the staff team. In other words, if they want to play elsewhere, they probably wouldn't be looking to play on snapcraft whether banned or not.

Lastly, with the idea about punishments expiring, I agree but not as short as 8 months. If there was a 2 year expiry limit, that would be sufficient in my opinion, however without a way to check how many times you have been previously punished, I would not say this would be in any way feasible.

-Jeepers1
You get banned for bypassing your mute, that's already a thing.

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
shut up wannabe staff fam
Ethreal on top
I'm also going to say this. This thread is a suggestion. People need to stop posting irrelevant stuff on this thread, as it is against the forum rules and it's really going against the whole point of this thread in the first place of unbanning/unmuting people in the first place.

SnipesGGs

Banned
I'm also going to say this. This thread is a suggestion. People need to stop posting irrelevant stuff on this thread, as it is against the forum rules and it's really going against the whole point of this thread in the first place of unbanning/unmuting people in the first place.
i already stated my opinion and i was making sure people knew who was on top

AndreasManU

Zombie Killer

-Jeepers1

Edit: I agree with wowoow's opinion on this matter, it would take a lot of looking into to see what could potentially happen inside this topic in regards to old bans. Maybe see the time of the last ban/mute?
Yea lets keep it to topic of a well made and well thought thread :)

I am assuming it shouldn't be a massive problem either. There's a blacklist full of people he doesn't want at any cost back. An unban all will attract players, which will attract money which is also a good business plan

Phex

Tree Puncher
But keep ppl that are banned for ddos, dox, and pedo s*** perm banned. Unban those that have like, 3 mob aura offenses or 3 xray offenses... They arent ruining gameplay for others

SnipesGGs

Banned
Never gonna happen.
Simple reason- most of the money snapcraft gets is from unmutes,unbans:
When people appeal it usually gets denied then maarten demands for money, for example 20-40$ per unmute and more
Unbans are usually 40$-100$ (seen 100-1.1k aswell)
Appeals do work sometimes, but usually they get denied and if the player really wants to play he would ask for a price.

Why players keeps buying them?
1. Stupid kids that keep bypassing and using their parents money
2. People with items that's worth way more than the unban price just buy it as if it's worth it/ do irls with other ppl to get unbanned.

Anyways unban all / unmute all isn't gonna be a thing, for example you can see 2 helpers just saying no, why? Because (in my opinion) they don't care, snapcraft is dying and that's a fact other than banning people and getting their gems per ban I don't see them doing anything to help the server
I agree with this

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
agreed, please stop posting irrelevant things. this is all about voicing opinions, so let everyone have their own say!

Status
Not open for further replies.