Added All Unban / All Unmute

Should There Be An All Unban / All Unmute?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
Will have to say it again.. Stop arguing within a suggestion and stay on topic, only post if you have an opinion or something relevant to counter someone else's argument. If these off topic postings and arguments continue then I'll have to lock the thread.

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
Guy's please stop with the arguing! We don't want the thread to be locked, lets just all state opinions and leave it at that :)

P2B4

Tree Puncher
I know a lot of people who have been banned from snap in the past (or had their factions mates banned) who are still playing Minecraft and would play factions again if unbanned. It would 100% help revive the community and from a monetary viewpoint, more active players = more money spent on the game. Personally I can think of 15-20 of these examples, which may seem like a small amount but considering there's only like 20 active factions players not including bots shows how big an impact this suggestion would make if actually taken into account and put through.

Kanaks

Tree Puncher
But keep ppl that are banned for ddos, dox, and pedo s*** perm banned. Unban those that have like, 3 mob aura offenses or 3 xray offenses... They arent ruining gameplay for others
Actuallynthe ones with 3 mob aura and 3 x ray offenses should stay perm banned or at least have all stats reset it does ruin gameplay for others because they unfairly grind an mcmmo and levels up gaining the extra perks making it unfair for other people who grinds legit and for the x rayers they steal all the spawners and leave none for the newcomers who wanna mine and find a spawner to grind at therefore if tjey hve 3 mob aura offenses or 3 x ray why unban :l

IteachPVP

Tree Puncher
The poll talks for itself, The snapcraft community would like to see this happened as it would attract many older players to come back. I know many people who have quit snapcraft due to the lack of competition on the server, but Maarten doesn't care about what the community thinks, all he cares about is money and Maarten makes a fortune from Unbans / Unmutes.

P2B4

Tree Puncher
The poll talks for itself, The snapcraft community would like to see this happened as it would attract many older players to come back. I know many people who have quit snapcraft due to the lack of competition on the server, but Maarten doesn't care about what the community thinks, all he cares about is money and Maarten makes a fortune from Unbans / Unmutes.
very true. I don't get why he doesn't realise that more players = more money spent tho lmao

itai

Tree Puncher

Pretty much my point

GRZ_Stealth

Gold Miner
Maybe an unmute all but unban no because we would have more hackers and long time hackers will prob still hack but do it less obvious I don’t want everyone to be unbanned then get 5v1ed by hackers and die then them get banned with my stuff.

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
Maybe an unmute all but unban no because we would have more hackers and long time hackers will prob still hack but do it less obvious I don’t want everyone to be unbanned then get 5v1ed by hackers and die then them get banned with my stuff.
yes but with an active staff team, these players will just be banned again if the continue to hack. through this we can filter out the legit players and the hackers

PigMaster4000

Stone Miner
If one staff gives the “shouldn't have broken the rules” argument, you’re kidding yourself. More than half of the 30+ people who voted yes were probably muted for the most petty thing imaginable. Most are mutes for pming someone a curse word or just really weak toxicity. Factions is a toxic game-mode— deal with it. Mutes on factions should be entirely reworked, and provoking to mute players should not be allowed. The only mutable things should be ddosing, doxxing, flooding chat with profanity, filter bypass flooding, and toxicity only if it gets too personal (like making fun of someones irl situation). Rules should be less strict on mutes

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
I disagree with this, if you want to be unmuted or unbanned then just appeal or buy an unmute / unban. Having an all unban / all unmute would result in lots of toxic people at the start, most likely people coming back to the server just for trolling, and the balance that the staff and community have worked very hard to accomplish would just be torn down

JustinS

Tree Puncher
A suggestion like this takes deep consideration and a point of view from both stances of the conversation. So, I’ll start off by saying that I agree with this suggestion. However there’s the argument that rules are implemented to be followed, and unbanning and unmuting players who have broken the rules gives appeals no purpose, which is a fair reasoning. However on the other hand, a ban reset has happened before, and the integrity of the rules have stayed strong and are still being enforced by the staff members. Also, the previous ban reset served no hinderance for appealable punishments due to the refinement of the unban list and the continuance of punishments given to rule breakers by staff members. It’s fair to say that people have matured and grown since the last ban reset. This is a game that is rated 7+ after all, and not many should expect a 7 year old to be mature enough to create an appeal proper enough to get accepted. Then, there is also the argument that it takes time to unban and unmute thousands of people, and not only does it take time to unban and unmute thousands of people, Maarten would also have to set up a list of players/punishment reasons that would be exempt because not all players should be unbanned such as those who have been banned for Doxing and DDoSing as well as players who Maarten has banned or muted himself that he trusts should never be unbanned or unmuted. However, the time spent to refine a list of players that would be exempt and to go through the thousands of punished players shows strength through forgiveness, and commitment for valuable server growth, competition, and profit. Lastly, there’s the argument that rule-breakers will just come back online and break more rules, which is understandable except for the fact that there are plenty of active staff members that are online the majority of the day as well as players having access to multiple ways of reporting rule breakers.

IteachPVP

Tree Puncher
I disagree with this, if you want to be unmuted or unbanned then just appeal or buy an unmute / unban. Having an all unban / all unmute would result in lots of toxic people at the start, most likely people coming back to the server just for trolling, and the balance that the staff and community have worked very hard to accomplish would just be torn down
99% of the time appeals are denied, so telling someone to "just appeal" won't work and im sorry to tell you but not everyone is fortunate enough to be in a situation where they can blow hundreds of dollars on unbans.

WolfMoonYT

Obsidian Miner
A suggestion like this takes deep consideration and a point of view from both stances of the conversation. So, I’ll start off by saying that I agree with this suggestion. However there’s the argument that rules are implemented to be followed, and unbanning and unmuting players who have broken the rules gives appeals no purpose, which is a fair reasoning. However on the other hand, a ban reset has happened before, and the integrity of the rules have stayed strong and are still being enforced by the staff members. Also, the previous ban reset served no hinderance for appealable punishments due to the refinement of the unban list and the continuance of punishments given to rule breakers by staff members. It’s fair to say that people have matured and grown since the last ban reset. This is a game that is rated 7+ after all, and not many should expect a 7 year old to be mature enough to create an appeal proper enough to get accepted. Then, there is also the argument that it takes time to unban and unmute thousands of people, and not only does it take time to unban and unmute thousands of people, Maarten would also have to set up a list of players/punishment reasons that would be exempt because not all players should be unbanned such as those who have been banned for Doxing and DDoSing as well as players who Maarten has banned or muted himself that he trusts should never be unbanned or unmuted. However, the time spent to refine a list of players that would be exempt and to go through the thousands of punished players shows strength through forgiveness, and commitment for valuable server growth, competition, and profit. Lastly, there’s the argument that rule-breakers will just come back online and break more rules, which is understandable except for the fact that there are plenty of active staff members that are online the majority of the day as well as players having access to multiple ways of reporting rule breakers.
You definitely make strong arguments there. +1

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
If one staff gives the “shouldn't have broken the rules” argument, you’re kidding yourself. More than half of the 30+ people who voted yes were probably muted for the most petty thing imaginable. Most are mutes for pming someone a curse word or just really weak toxicity. Factions is a toxic game-mode— deal with it. Mutes on factions should be entirely reworked, and provoking to mute players should not be allowed. The only mutable things should be ddosing, doxxing, flooding chat with profanity, filter bypass flooding, and toxicity only if it gets too personal (like making fun of someones irl situation). Rules should be less strict on mutes
agreed, factions is a toxic gamemode. i think the server attempts to appeal to a younger audience, which minecraft inhibits more than an older audience, but with that said i think that toxicity shouldn't be so looked down upon. most factions servers have toxic players in factions, its just an ongoing thing with all playerbases.

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
99% of the time appeals are denied, so telling someone to "just appeal" won't work and im sorry to tell you but not everyone is fortunate enough to be in a situation where they can blow hundreds of dollars on unbans.
yes i think there isn't a lot of leniency for people who are muted and banned in terms of appeals. it could be better in my opinion

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner

Wacky

Creeper Hugger
agreed, factions is a toxic gamemode. i think the server attempts to appeal to a younger audience, which minecraft inhibits more than an older audience, but with that said i think that toxicity shouldn't be so looked down upon. most factions servers have toxic players in factions, its just an ongoing thing with all playerbases.

Your point here is something I'm not sure if I can really agree with but I do see where you're coming from. We have had these rules of not being toxic towards other players since as far as I can remember. I understand that toxicity is part of the Factions server, hence why when I'm online and I see a little bit of toxic banter I sometimes let it slide, however there is a difference between rivalry and genuine toxicity towards people, which is why this is something that would be a struggle to implement. We can't really just say "but being toxic is allowed" because then we'll get people saying all sorts of things on the server. You have people; like yourself, who are arguing that toxicity shouldn't be so looked down upon but also as you have mentioned we do have players that may not be as old as your self and may not want to see such toxicity in the chat, and they may report it. By reporting this we then cannot just say to them "oh sorry it's allowed, especially if it hurts their feelings or is targeted directly at them.

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
toxicity is a mutable offence. not only this but toxicity is a normal part of other servers, but is heavily looked down upon on snapcraft due to the young audience minecraft inhibits. but like i said, it's mutable and staff can just mute people for this reason. also, the 'balance' between staff and players; i dont understand what you're trying to say here. staff are supposed to keep track on the server, and keep it running smoothly. doing an all unban and unmute would actually be slower than you think, a lot of people unbanned wouldn't even know until they randomly decide to play snapcraft once again, it wouldn't be like a wave of people playing suddenly. it would be a gradual thing. so i think the balance is fine, the staff will have more things to do as more people are playing, and im not saying the staff do not work hard, but the whole point of being staff is to enforce the server as running cleanly

P2B4

Tree Puncher
Not everyone can afford an unmute / unbanned. I personally have been permanently banned in the past and was lucky enough to have my appeal accepted without having to pay money, after that I made the decision to never do anything ban worthy again. People don't stay the same forever and even if they are they can just get remuted / banned. Imo if this should happen it should be viewed as a second chance for those who can't buy a second chance and not just the return of toxic players, because that's not what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.