Added All Unban / All Unmute

Should There Be An All Unban / All Unmute?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
Your point here is something I'm not sure if I can really agree with but I do see where you're coming from. We have had these rules of not being toxic towards other players since as far as I can remember. I understand that toxicity is part of the Factions server, hence why when I'm online and I see a little bit of toxic banter I sometimes let it slide, however there is a difference between rivalry and genuine toxicity towards people, which is why this is something that would be a struggle to implement. We can't really just say "but being toxic is allowed" because then we'll get people saying all sorts of things on the server. You have people; like yourself, who are arguing that toxicity shouldn't be so looked down upon but also as you have mentioned we do have players that may not be as old as your self and may not want to see such toxicity in the chat, and they may report it. By reporting this we then cannot just say to them "oh sorry it's allowed, especially if it hurts their feelings or is targeted directly at them.
Yeah i completely understand, after all the target audience of minecraft is 7+ and a lot of younger players play the game. I see why it is a rule, but i feel as if recently even simple banter can get you muted (not all the time). Toxicity in terms of anything offensive towards another person i believe is wrong. Taunting - lightly obvcourse - often is a reason for a lot of mutes and i think this in general shouldn't be a reason to mute for. But yes overall i agree with what you said wacky

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
Not everyone can afford an unmute / unbanned. I personally have been permanently banned in the past and was lucky enough to have my appeal accepted without having to pay money, after that I made the decision to never do anything ban worthy again. People don't stay the same forever and even if they are they can just get remuted / banned. Imo if this should happen it should be viewed as a second chance for those who can't buy a second chance and not just the return of toxic players, because that's not what it is.
Agreed

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
I like the thought of these both, but it would obviously take time to figure out who would need to stay permanently banned and permanently muted even after this. As far as I am aware, this hasn't happened since 2013/14 so there have been thousands of perm mutes and perm bans since then so this would be a lot of looking into to make sure there aren't some possibly wrong people unbanned/unmuted. I think if this were to happen as well that some changes need to be made within rules and how staff deal with punishments. Without any of that changing, tons of people can easily end up muted again making this just repeat itself. I think stating the punishment for all offenses within rules would be helpful to allow players to hopefully avoid some actions when they're more aware of the consequences. Overall, I like this and It would maybe be a good thing for the servers playercount because not everyone will repeat their offenses. The staff team would have to look more into hackers because obviously there would be a lot of those which is a bad thing but it seems there are more pros to this than cons if this were to happen. If this were to happen, which I doubt maarten would do this, those who are unbanned I think should be perm banned if they're caught breaking rules again instantly.
Agreed

Ex_Admin

Obsidian Miner
Maybe an unmute all but unban no because we would have more hackers and long time hackers will prob still hack but do it less obvious I don’t want everyone to be unbanned then get 5v1ed by hackers and die then them get banned with my stuff.
Unbanning and unmuting everyone is more giving the chance for players who were punished years ago to have another chance if they weren't able to get through an appeal. Not everyone is going to repeat their offenses and those who do are probably going to be the smaller majority. Those who will likely hack are those who already join the server to hack purposely and get banned instantly and it isn't something new anyone is going to see. As paac said as well, not everyone is going to realize at once. Doing this I think will allow the playercount to improve. If this were to happen, staff would be very on top of looking for hackers and more because it is what would be expected as well as making sure the wrong people weren't unbanned/unmuted.

Dolphindash29

First Step
I personally agree with this but it would take a lot more staff having to be on factions watching pvp and stuff like that because it's not going to be perfect obviously and I'm not sure if the staff themselves are willing to be on as much time that is probably needed to filter about all the people that come back and just hack

Kirsten

Zombie Killer
Unbanning and unmuting everyone is more giving the chance for players who were punished years ago to have another chance if they weren't able to get through an appeal. Not everyone is going to repeat their offenses and those who do are probably going to be the smaller majority. Those who will likely hack are those who already join the server to hack purposely and get banned instantly and it isn't something new anyone is going to see. As paac said as well, not everyone is going to realize at once. Doing this I think will allow the playercount to improve. If this were to happen, staff would be very on top of looking for hackers and more because it is what would be expected as well as making sure the wrong people weren't unbanned/unmuted.
YESSSSSSSS GO OFF SIS
i agree
I think this would be good because as a very old player myself, I have had multiple friends have be banned in the past for various things. For some (not all), they were young and bored, however people grow up and learn their lessons, and I think it would be nice to see some old players come back.

AndreasManU

Zombie Killer
The mod we have but dont we deserve. I agree 100%

IamTox1c

Tree Puncher
To defend ashy here...

With mutes, you get 2 chances before your perm muted, you are given those 2 warnings. Where I am all for giving people a chance, after 2 warnings... You would think you would have learned.

With the bans, some players are there soley to try and get themselves banned. What is there to stop the hackers coming back once they realise they are unbanned? It ruins the game for you guys trying to play legitimately. Which is why we have the appeal system in place.
Okay so u saying rn that people have showed everyone how annoying they are just because they got warned twice before they got muted, but explain us why buying an unmute is cool to prove people that we learned our lessons? Need money i c?

IamTox1c

Tree Puncher
Cause if someone end up being perm muted or banned, it is cause they broke rules over and over again which means they deserve the punishment served. They can appeal their punishment if that really want but unbanning for no reason wont happen.
Ok then none of ur staff needs our money for unbans, let u stay banned pls, if we dont deserve chances for something that happened in the past, then none of u deserve to get the cash people spend to get unbanned AND REBANNED ON PURPOSE couple days later!!!!!!

Basit_k26

First Step
Someone said that they noticed the player count for Snapcraft decrease over the years; there's a much bigger reason as to why players no longer log on other than being banned but that's a conversation for another time.

It's important to understand that the possibility of a suggestion being implemented into the game depends on how feasible it is.
An unban all means everyone gets unbanned, even players banned for serious offences. If you want to avoid unbanning certain players, you would need to sit down and go through the list of banned players from the server and decide which ones deserve to be unbanned. I don't know when the last unban all was but let's assume it was last year. It would be time consuming to read through ban logs dating back to last year to hand pick players that deserve to be unbanned from logs dating back to last year.

One of the more weaker arguments made was that unbanning everyone doesn't necessarily mean the hackers will come back. I understand how that might be the case if said hacker was a guest rank on kitpvp blatantly using 6 block reach and Kill Aura but there are players banned that have ranks on other gamemodes. There are players banned for 3 offences of Xray and Mob Aura and I assure you that you will have to ban them for a 4th offence because they just didn't stop after the initial ban.

I don't think players banned for committing 3 offences should be unbanned. We're not 2 year olds, it shouldn't be hard to follow the rules of a server let alone not break them 3 times.
Players banned for glitching, alt limit, irl deals and duping should be unbanned.

An unmute all, on the other hand, is definitely overdue. Everyone should be unmuted. A mute isn't as bad as a ban so there's clearly room for forgiveness.

Thomasdaboss

Tree Puncher
Just unban everyone, Plenty of people have been false banned and that’s why they are perm banned. Unban everyone will revive the server and give maarten lots of fun through the shop. And if they cheat again just ban them again. If this is not possible just unban Sliceyy Thx

IamTox1c

Tree Puncher
Hi,

Before i begin with any type of reasoning as to why this should happen, i'm aware the chances of this happening are near impossible. I just want to list some reasons why an all unban and/or and all unmute would be good for snapcraft as a whole. I will also refer to the downsides of this, and possible help people to see a positive side to doing an all unban and unmute.

Reasons for an all unban:
I started playing Snapcraft in late 2018, and i have seen the loyal player base Snapcraft inhibits, and the type of community Snapcraft is. When i started, there was around 130 players on factions, alone. Now there are around 30 - 70 players, and i think one main reason for this is because of the amount of players banned. The last all unban was years ago, and i think another one should be at least considered in helping the server grow, and potentially propelling the numbers back up to where they used to be. I just want to make this very clear - I understand a lot of these bans are very justified, but a lot of these bans can afford to be forgiven. Most of these bans are from people who used to hack, but i think these people should be given another chance. Furthermore, im also aware that appeals are always an option, but a lot of people who play Minecraft often look for servers to play on, and if they see they are banned on Snapcraft, while looking for something to do, they are more likely to move on to the next server rather than right an appeal for Snapcraft which they used to play years ago. I think hundreds of loyal players have been banned since the last all unban, and i want to emphasise that i am aware some of these bans are justified completely, but like i said, it would be nice to see a percentage of these loyal players coming back to Snapcraft, and re-engage with the server especially during times like quarantine where many people are looking for enjoyable games/servers to play. This could be a really good time for people to engage in Snapcraft, and experience it's active player base once again.
Arguement's against an all unban:
- Lot's of people were banned for justified reasons (not just hacking) : I am aware of this, but people who used to act in a certain way may deserve another chance, and if they continue to act in an undesirable way, staff can look into their actions and come to a conclusion whether to re-ban them.

Reasons for an all unmute:
My points for an all unmute may be controversial and may seem bias, as i am muted myself. However, i want to make this clear that i am not trying to be biased in any way shape of form, i just want people to understand the potential reasoning for an all unmute.
Through my own experience, i haven't had many mutable offences over the time i've played on Snapcraft. Recently a rule was changed in which you are permanently muted for 3+ mutable offences. I agree with this rule, 3 strikes and you're out. I understand why this rule was put in place, however, a lot of people were, and still are completely unaware of this change, and may contribute to their lack of carefulness in relation to what they say in the public chats. I wasn't aware that if you had a third offence you would be permanently muted. I understand that 'rules are rules' or 'dont break the rules' but how can we break the rules if we wasn't aware of them in the first place? With a massive change like this, an all unmute should be mandatory in my opinion, as a lot of players are muted because of this rule change.
Furthermore, mutable offences are everlasting meaning they never expire. For example, some of my first 2 mutable offences were from around 8 months ago or more, and i didn't do any other mutable offences until this month. I wasn't aware of this, and in my opinion they should expire over time if the player has been continuously positive in the public chat.
Lastly, it is extremely hard to get unmuted once permanently muted; yes you can appeal a mute, but many people quit the server when they are permanently muted as it limits the amount of accessibility you have in terms of the server: things like the auction house, communication with faction mates etc. This doesn't just apply to factions only, this is server wide aswell.

Overall, i just hope this forums post isn't overlooked. I want people to understand the positive connotations when reading this post, rather than thinking of all the negative things. Please consider this, and try to stay un-biased when reading this. I really hope this happens, and i think it could have some great potential if it took place!

- Make sure to vote in the poll above so your opinion is heard, and leave a comment saying what you think about this forums post!

- Paac
Also, i want an explanation why buying an unban doesnt give us 3 new chances but instantly perma ban/mutes us after 1 small thing that isn’t even Toxicity/ gameplay breaking, i got banned for 3d for using /Nick JoinVoiceCall
Is this offending or hardly bypassing the mute? Because i wanted to talk to people? Damn thats kinda sad innit?
What if the discord server is offline for 24hours, how can people communicate? Ah we can’t...
So whats the easiet way to still be able to tell them something? Oh, /nick is an easy way to still say ur last words to someone, but apparantly the law IRL also doesn’t allow u to talk to people when you’re muted IRL, oh thats right, nobody gives a f, there is /ignore for a reason in this minecraft server, honestly if this threat comment i will post gets me banned from this website or/and the minecraft server, then you admit im right. also unmuted/unbans cost hundreds of dollars, i really think people that wasted their 150dollars on a stupid unban deserves 3 new chances instead of 1 chance.

Jbamy

First Step
Let's be honest here the server is dying rapidly skyblock now has like 10 active players because everyone got muted or banned (this is just 1 example). The only game modes keeping this server alive are facs and kitpvp. But with half of kit muted half of fans muted it's just going to kill them as well. I get there may be some toxic people at first but the staff can mute them same with hackers staff can ban them (even tho the staff cant even see blatant hackers pretty poor tbh). I was recently unmuted from a perm unmute and I can tell you now it will probably make 70% of players quit I only stayed because I had friends here but not all are like that. Unmuting all of these players will allow them to talk to old friends and let them enjoy the server again as you cant do much when your muted cant ah stuff cant really do anything. Just my opinion but I 100% agree with this like everyone else except the staff who said other wise and the little guys who are sheeps to the staff. :) sorry staff this was very negative :)

Last edited:

IteachPVP

Tree Puncher
Many minecraft servers nowadays do these all unbans, including some of the biggest pvp servers out there. Theres a reason they do them, because its effective. As an "og" player myself i have seen how the server is slowly dying and losing its players over the years. If nothing is done in the near future, i dont see the server surviving much longer. Doing an unban all would bring in more cash then keeping half the player base banned.

OP
OP
paac

paac

Stone Miner
Many minecraft servers nowadays do these all unbans, including some of the biggest pvp servers out there. Theres a reason they do them, because its effective. As an "og" player myself i have seen how the server is slowly dying and losing its players over the years. If nothing is done in the near future, i dont see the server surviving much longer. Doing an unban all would bring in more cash then keeping half the player base banned.
I think an all unban is needed for the playerbase. so many things have been done for factions, kit etc but not enough people playing

Maarten

Ghast Hunter
After reading through this post and its comments I would like to clarify some things because I see a lot of things that are not entirely correct or just wrong. I personally do not see any good reason to clear the ban and mute list;
  • Certain bans should remain at all costs; Chargeback, DDoSing, Doxing, Blacklist bans, and more.
  • As of right now there is no viable way to only unban certain players with a database containing over 100.000 active bans and 80.000 active mutes.
  • The claims that it will 'revive' the server and or make players come back are just not true(We cleared our bans and mutes twice before, actually brought back a lot of the hackers and other toxic players which hurt the community more)
  • Anyone is able to appeal their ban and mute and it will be considered based on the history of the player(I see some people saying most appeals get denied, this is completely false most appeals get accepted but for the repeat offenders we do generally require a unban or unmute to be purchased as we hope this makes them more careful as they have invested something.)
  • You also state that people that see that they're banned when searching will not appeal, I can see this being the case sometimes, however, we see a lot of appeals being made especially by those players and they are generally accepted right away as they have been banned/muted for so long
  • Unbanning/unmuting players won't necessarily make them return
I would also like to add that previously player counts were inflated to receive more advertisements for the /rewards system which made it look as if there were more players when in reality the server is no less popular than before.

I would also like to add that whilst we made a change to how we handle our mute duration this is no excuse to break the rules; the rules regarding being toxic did not change what so ever so please do not use that as an excuse. I do see your point with your history longstanding but if you mention this in your appeal and the information gave is correct and matches our database, we will most likely lower your mute or unmute you completely.

Lastly, I would like to request that everyone uses the forums positively, I see a lot of 'fighting' in the comments which is counterproductive. You are always welcome to give your opinion but try to be constructive in your criticism.

IamTox1c

Tree Puncher
Let's be honest here the server is dying rapidly skyblock now has like 10 active players because everyone got muted or banned (this is just 1 example). The only game modes keeping this server alive are facs and kitpvp. But with half of kit muted half of fans muted it's just going to kill them as well. I get there may be some toxic people at first but the staff can mute them same with hackers staff can ban them (even tho the staff cant even see blatant hackers pretty poor tbh). I was recently unmuted from a perm unmute and I can tell you now it will probably make 70% of players quit I only stayed because I had friends here but not all are like that. Unmuting all of these players will allow them to talk to old friends and let them enjoy the server again as you cant do much when your muted cant ah stuff cant really do anything. Just my opinion but I 100% agree with this like everyone else except the staff who said other wise and the little guys who are sheeps to the staff. :)
I quit because of the mute, and i dont think theres a chance of me returning since they denied my appeal like 2-3 times even 2 months after i got muted. So im saying here that i quit this server because of them not giving me another chance, even if they give me 20 iron golem spawners I WILL NOT RETURN to this server. I wasted enough time for grinding just to see how the server is slowly dieing. Very cool how survival was active before i got muted, the moment i got muted, i saw less and less people talking in chat by the time passes.

IamTox1c

Tree Puncher
After reading through this post and its comments I would like to clarify some things because I see a lot of things that are not entirely correct or just wrong. I personally do not see any good reason to clear the ban and mute list;
  • Certain bans should remain at all costs; Chargeback, DDoSing, Doxing, Blacklist bans, and more.
  • As of right now there is no viable way to only unban certain players with a database containing over 100.000 active bans and 80.000 active mutes.
  • The claims that it will 'revive' the server and or make players come back are just not true(We cleared our bans and mutes twice before, actually brought back a lot of the hackers and other toxic players which hurt the community more)
  • Anyone is able to appeal their ban and mute and it will be considered based on the history of the player(I see some people saying most appeals get denied, this is completely false most appeals get accepted but for the repeat offenders we do generally require a unban or unmute to be purchased as we hope this makes them more careful as they have invested something.)
  • You also state that people that see that they're banned when searching will not appeal, I can see this being the case sometimes, however, we see a lot of appeals being made especially by those players and they are generally accepted right away as they have been banned/muted for so long
  • Unbanning/unmuting players won't necessarily make them return
I would also like to add that previously player counts were inflated to receive more advertisements for the /rewards system which made it look as if there were more players when in reality the server is no less popular than before.

I would also like to add that whilst we made a change to how we handle our mute duration this is no excuse to break the rules; the rules regarding being toxic did not change what so ever so please do not use that as an excuse. I do see your point with your history longstanding but if you mention this in your appeal and the information gave is correct and matches our database, we will most likely lower your mute or unmute you completely.

Lastly, I would like to request that everyone uses the forums positively, I see a lot of 'fighting' in the comments which is counterproductive. You are always welcome to give your opinion but try to be constructive in your criticism.
I dont think 1000$ unbans is going to stop people from being Toxic in general

Status
Not open for further replies.